Chapter 02. The Return Home

Začať od začiatku

"Auntie Gia", Luna says, running to her and Gia lifts her up in her arms.

"Where's your mother?", Gia asks her.

"Witchy stuff", Luna says to her.

Gia and Luna smiles as Elijah walks to them.

"Hi, Elijah", Gia says to him with a smile.

"Gia", Elijah says.

Gia puts Luna back down on the floor.
Luna walks back to the coffee table and resumes drawing in her sketchpad.

"Can we talk?", Elijah asks her.

"Yeah, sure", Gia says to him as they walk inches away from Luna. "What's the matter, Elijah?"

Elijah pulls out a ring box from his pants pocket. "You can think about it"

Gia smiles at him and kisses him. "I don't need to think about it. My answer is yes"

Elijah and Gia smiles at each other as Elijah takes the ring and slides it on Gia's left hand ring finger.

They kiss again. And overhearing their conversation with vamp hearing, Luna smiles. "Yay!"

"Were you eavesdropping Luna?", Gia asks her with a smile.

Luna smiles at her.

~*~*~

The Bayou

Hayley is at the dock, slinging some pebbles in the lake.

"You do spend a lot of time in here at the Bayou", Klaus says from behind her. "You mind telling me what's going on with you?"

Hayley turns around to him. "Why do you care?"

"You think I don't know what's been bothering you", Klaus says to her.

Hayley rolls her eyes, annoyingly. "I'm not in a talking mood, Klaus. So, go home"

Hayley walks pass him and he stops her with a reassuring hand.

"Hayley?", Klaus says.

She snatches her arm from him. "I have things to do, Klaus"

Klaus gives her a sympathetic look as she walks away from him.

Jackson walks out of the old shack and sees Hayley with a gloomy look.

"Hayley?", Jackson says in a concern tone. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing", Hayley says, not looking at him.

"Hayley?", Jackson says to her.

Hayley looks at him and hugs him. He hugs her back, embracing the hug.

Noticing them, Klaus suddenly gets suspicious.

~*~*~

Lafayette Cemetery

Christy is walking in the cemetery, enjoying the light breeze flowing in her hand.

"Seems like the French Quarter coven has a new member", Marcel says to her.

"Hello to you too, Marcel", Christy says to him.

"We haven't spoken to each other in a while, I figured you and I could catch up a little. How about a drink at Rousseau's?", Marcel asks her.

"Okay", Christy says.

~*~*~

Rousseau's

Sitting at the bar counter, Marcel and Christy are sipping their glass of bourbon.

"It's been a while since we had a drink", Marcel says to her.

"It has, hasn't it?", Christy says. "You got me to open up a little"

Marcel smiles a little, recalling their conversation. "Yeah, you weren't much of a talkative person. And now, you're a married woman. You have trusted best friends. You and Klaus have a beautiful daughter. And you're a member of the French Quarter coven"

"Yeah", she says.

"I'm proud of you, Christy", Marcel says to her with a smile.

Christy smiles. "Thanks, Marcel"

"You're welcome", Marcel says. "To a new beginning for you"

"To a new beginning", Christy says.

Marcel and Christy clink their glass of bourbon together and they drink.

~*~*~

Mikaleson Compound

Later that evening, Christy walks into Luna's nursery room to see her tucked in her bed, asleep, holding her doll in her arms and the plush teddy bear laying beside her.

Christy leans her head on the doorway as she glares at her sleeping daughter.

"Gia tucked her in", Klaus says, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I'm a member of the French Quarter coven", Christy tells him.

"Congrats", Klaus says, kisses her cheek, making her smile. "I'm sure your parents are proud"

"They are", Christy says to him with a smile.

Together, Klaus and Christy glare at Luna as she's asleep.

~*~*~

After Klaus and Christy left, a flower grows on the windowsill of Luna's nursery room.

A dahlia flower.

Any vote and comment?