Thirteen: Airport

"Ally"

A soft voice hummed my name with a gentle knock on the door.

"Ally, wake up!" My mother demanded through the wooden door.

I heard the screeching noise from the door hinges as my mother peeked her head in. I fought the heaviness of my eyelids and took a quick glance of the blurry figure of her body approaching me.

Suddenly, anger and betrayal filled my insides as soon as she pulled the curtain back and let the force of the blazing rays of the sunlight through the window. I shielded my face with the blanket and moaned in agony.

"Ahh!"

"Come on. Get up."

"Five more minutes. Please!" I begged as I turned my back on her.

By this time, I was already awake. But, staying in bed with a warm blanket wrapped around me was a better option than waking up early on a Saturday.

"It's almost nine o'clock. We need to be at the airport by nine-thirty," my mother said, reminding me of our plan for today.

"Shit!" I jumped up from under the blanket like the clown in a jack-in-the-box. My mother was startled by the jump that she slapped my arm in response with her ice-cold hand.

"Ow! What was that for?" I complained from the tingling sting she left on my warm skin.

"Watch your mouth!" She scolded. It was a front. She didn't want to admit I scared her. My mouth had always been filthy and she was used to hearing me curse here and there.

I scrambled on my bed as I searched for my phone. Where did I put my phone? What did I do with it last night? I gasped from the thought of last night.

Was it a dream?

Panic and excitement consumed me as I slid my arms under the pillow hoping to feel the touch of metal on my skin. Nothing.

I had forgotten that my mother was still in the room, intently watching my foolishness. She bent down beside my bed and gifted me with my phone.

"Looking for this?" She asked as she handed it to me.

"Yes! Ah, what would I do without you?" I thanked her with a kiss on her cheek.

"You wouldn't be in this world without me," she said with a smirk on her face as she walked away.

"Hurry up!" She demanded before leaving my room.

I pressed the home button on my phone to check the time, but more importantly, for any new notifications. I felt my mouth stretched into a broad smile from the unread message on the screen.

Harvey (06:18 am): Good morning, Beautiful. (:

That was not a dream. He was real.

I stared blankly at the screen. What time was this?

6:18 am

What was he doing up so early? Maybe he was getting ready for something. Work out probably. He seemed built enough to work out on a schedule. Or maybe he had to be up for work. All these thoughts concluded that I had no idea who this guy was. All I knew was his full name. Harvey E. Hughes. And that he wanted to get to know me.

Beautiful. He addressed me as beautiful. I shouldn't fall for that. He probably addressed the other girls beautiful too. But I should at least play along.

Me (08:44 am): Good morning handsome =)

I made my way to the bathroom for a quick shower. I had about fifteen minutes to get ready and head to the airport. My mother occupied the passenger seat while I sat behind the wheel. My phone vibrated on the dashboard, lighting up the screen with an unread message. My eyes darted on it, and so did my mothers.