Twenty Two: April Shower

ALLY

"I think we're the only ones left here," I noticed as I looked around the empty dining room.

"That's great. I guess we got the whole place for ourselves now," he joked.

"I'm serious. We should leave before they kick us out."

Harvey raised his hand to signal the waitress for the check. Within a minute, she came with a black leather checkbook.

Before I could even grab my wallet from my purse, he smoothly extended his card towards Ashley without opening the checkbook. She thanked him and disappeared.

"You didn't even give me a chance," I complained.

"Did you really think I would let you pay for our first date," he corrected my frustration.

I rolled my eyes at his firm logic. I was all for splitting the bill, equality, no expectations from the other party. But I did like the traditional romantic gestures. It was always a nice thought when the man offered. Its old-fashion. It showed their interest, investment, stability and independence. Although he teased me quite a bit, he still gave me that chivalrous vibe. And that was a rare characteristic I found in our generation. But then again, I hadn't been exposed much to what our generation really had to offer.

"Fine. Next time, it's on me. No argument!" I insisted, hushing him with my index finger up in the air.

He chuckled. "That's strike seven tonight."

"Excuse me?" What the fuck is he talking about? He was obviously keeping tabs on me, but tabs on what?

"You — rolling your eyes at me." He stopped, examined my distorted forehead. Did I really roll my eyes at him that many times?

"Don't get me wrong, it's fucking adorable. But, you're going to be disciplined sooner or later if you keep it up."

A silent shock escaped my parted lips.

Disciplined? Fuck. Who says that?

There was something about the way he said it. The way it came out of him. His dominant warning resulted in my subconscious will to submit to him, to be disciplined as he thought appropriately. The muscles on my thighs tightened, squeezing my legs together.

My heart raced from the firmness and martinet character that radiated from his message. My eyebrows met, conflicted on how he could get this unsolicited effect on me. I felt like my body, my sex, specifically, was betraying me. For him.

I rolled my eyes at this disappointing fact.

Without realizing it, his signature crooked smile triumphantly painted his face. The skin at the corner of his eyes wrinkled before he let out a chuckle.

I closed my eyes.

My hand palmed my face as I tried to hide my idiocy away.

Shit.

I did it again.

"Damn it," I groaned.

"Wow. You really want to be disciplined don't you?" He teased me.

"Stop," I begged behind my hands, embarrassed to show my face. "I can't help it. It's just a stupid reflex."

A warm hold circled my wrist as he tried to uncover my face. He sent an electric wave throughout my body as his hand held onto me.

"You don't ever have to hide your beautiful self from me," he affirmed. His emerald irises focused its sight on me for what felt like an eternity before I had the strength to clear my throat, breaking the captivating hold he had on me.