Her eyes peeled themselves away, landing themselves on the second male present in the room who was standing over in the corner with his arms crossed over his chest. Taehyung let out a sigh, "He's right." the male spoke bluntly, removing his back from the wall as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his lab coat, "We're neutral... not part of any camps or anything." he reassured, watching curiously as the girl let out a sigh of relief. 

There was a pause. A brief moment of hesitation before the girl spoke, "Thank you." she breathed, before turning her eyes back to Jin, "Both of you." she smiled, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. 

Jin returned the smile, "It's not a problem." he grinned, "I'm Seokjin, but you can just call me Jin... and that over there," he gestured towards his cousin, "is Taehyung."

Feeling a little safer, the girl parted her lips, "I'm Venus... but it's a weird name, so I just go by Vee." she smiled, earning a nod from the male beside her. 

With his hands still stuffed in the pockets of his lab coat, Taehyung strode over to Vee's bed. Everything about this situation screamed 'danger' to him, the girl a complete mystery. How the hell was she out this far away from any camps? There was no chance she could've made it through the city alone, and why the hell was she inside the lab? Slipping a hand out from his pocket, Taehyung ran his fingers through his hair, "So... Vee then." Taehyung piped up, snatching the girl's attention away from Jin, "Care to explain the bite on your forearm?" Taehyung spoke bluntly, cocking a brow as the female completely froze in place, clutching the bed sheets tightly in her grasp as she felt her body go numb. 

Jin's eyes widened, "...Bite?"

Taehyung snorted at how clueless his cousin seemingly was, "She has a healed bite on her forearm," Taehyung explained, eyes narrowing on Vee's form. She almost looked like a deer caught in headlights as Taehyung took a step closer towards her form, "Unless she managed to get her hands on my temporary vaccine, there's no way she could have a bite as old as that." he explained, gaze falling over the small signs of scarring against her skin. 

Sucking in a breath, Vee bit down on her lower lip, eyes falling to her lap, "I guess I should explain," she gulped, gaze trailing up to meet Taehyung's intense stare, "shouldn't I?"

Taehyung gave a stern nod, "Sorry, but we've been through a lot of shit recently... I've gotta make sure everyone we encounter isn't a total douche." he explained, crossing his arms over his chest in a defensive manner. 

"Alright then, if I must." she frowned, realising that the scientist wasn't gonna cut her any slack. "Not everyone evacuated this town on day zero." she explained, earning a raised brow from Taehyung before she continued, "With a small group of people, we made a living in this town," she smiled to herself, "It wasn't bad, all of the supplies here were practically ours and ours alone. There were no camps to worry about, it was just us against the world." she continued. But her smile was quick to fade, expression dropping into one of regret, "The government science facility was one of the places we always went to for shelter. So it came to us as no surprise that whilst we were there, we stumbled upon some old notes of study." she sighed. 

Taehyung on the other hand felt a shiver run down the back of his spine... he had a feeling he knew where this was going. "We studied the notes for a good three years before developing our own temporary vaccine, one that only had to be injected monthly in order to stay alive."

Jin's lips parted in awe, "Seriously!?"

Vee nod, "Seriously." she confirmed before she continued on with her explanation, "Today however, on our visit to the lab, we had no idea infected had recently made their way inside." she breathed, voice shaky as she began to recall the incident, "We were outnumbered," She chuckled lowly with no humour, "I guess I'm the only one who made it out."

Jin's gaze fell to the floor, "That must've been awful." he spoke grimly, thinking of how tragic it would be if he ever lost his squad. No, more like his family. They were all he had in this messed up world, in a way, the only thing that kept him sane. 

Whilst Jin conversed alongside Vee, Taehyung was still in a state of complete and utter confusion. How was it possible that this girl managed to create a more advanced vaccine than his!? It seemed almost unreasonable. Gnawing at the inside of his cheek, Taehyung's mind went into overdrive as his gaze fell over the single bloodstained backpack laying up against the corner of the bedroom. It was no doubt her's, a small golden keychain with the letter 'V' hanging loosely from the open zipper. Taking in a breath, Taehyung made his way over to the bag, reaching a hand inside the open zipper pocket as he rummaged through it's contents. The corner of his mouth ticked up into a smirk as his finger tips brushed over a few pieces of crumpled paper. He grasped onto the notes as he pulled them out from the bag. 

Straightening out the paper in his hands, Taehyung locked his eyes to the blurry black ink sprawled over the page. 

His heart sunk into the pit of his stomach. 

It was his father's handwriting. 

Shaking his hair from his eyes, Taehyung suppressed his sombre feelings as his eyes trailed over the page, soaking in all the scientific terms he was familiar with. Until he came across something new... something very new. "Jin." Taehyung spoke, no emotion evident as he stare blankly at the page. "This explains it"

Eyes flickering over to Taehyung's star struck form, Jin cocked his head to the side, "Explains what?"

 Taehyung shuddered, 

"This explains everything."

---------

{Author Note}

Dun dun dunnnn. I wrote this at like 4am so sorry if it's poorly edited compared to my other chapters. 

Update soon xox

(unedited)