17. The Shoes

My mobile rang for the 2nd time this afternoon.

"It's your lover-boy!" Sam said tossing me the phone. I caught it and placed it on the table while continued to complete the task at hand.

"Aren't you going to answer it?"

"No." I replied firmly.

Sam raised an eyebrow, "Are you going to torture him even after he's been such a bloody sweetheart?"

"Yeaah!" I said giving her a duh-look.

"I just want to say that.. I love you!" Sam said dramatically while wiping the non-existent tears from her face.

I rolled my eyes at her, "And you call me the drama queen!"

My phone rang again.

"God, he's getting so restless. Would you just talk to him already?" Sam said irritated. "It's just Thursday and he's already writhing in pain and restlessness because of the separation from his one true love."

I looked at her in disgust, "You sound like an animated Cinderella!"

"Talk to him!"

"I think I'll pass!"

"I'll let go of this if you promise me that you'll kiss him and make cute babies; deal?"

"Go away, Sam. You're bloody annoying!"

*********

The embroidered silk sofas surrounded a large, flat-screen television. The twin doors that led into the lobby were a pristine white with golden handles. The reception desk was made of amber-colored wood and a green granite top. Exquisite paintings hung from the rich, red walls. even the door hinges were engraved with swirls and elegant designs. I gaped at the sight as I collected my keys from the front desk. The beautifully fine-marbled tiled floor made my every step echo as I walked towards the elevator. I noticed the huge chandelier that made the rainbow colours dance across the luxurious lobby leaving me dumbfounded.

I pressed the button for the top floor as the elevator took me to the suite floor.

Oh, Seb! Why did you have to do this?

As I stepped out of the elevator, my phone buzzed. Think of the devil..

"Hey!" I replied excitedly.

"Don't 'hey' me! Why weren't you answering my calls?" Seb spoke in an annoyed voice.

"I was in air and I do believe that they have a strict policy of turning off phones, unless of course you want me to be the reason of a plane crash."

"I didn't know that you had to go to Sweden today." He replied in a low tone.

"Nope! I'm not in Sweden." I smile excitedly.

"Diana?" His voice changed. "Where are you?"

"In the hallway of this awfully expensive hotel that you booked, trying to fi-" I smirked

"You're here?!" He almost yelled in excitement. "Don't move, I'm coming!"

With that he disconnected the call. I let out a little laugh while looking at the phone. Suddenly, the noise of the unlocking of the door echoed and along that the faint noise of hurried footsteps came through. I turned towards the sound and spotted my favourite pair of blue eyes.

My smile grew bigger as Seb jogged towards me.

"Blondie!', I let out a soft squeak as he wrapped his arms around my waist and hoisted me up in his arms.