11. The Breakfast

Sebastian's POV

As I pulled up by my apartment, I saw a woman sitting on the stairs all by herself. She was completely wet and still as a rock. Maybe she's locked herself out!

I quickly climbed out of the car and rushed towards her, not wanting to get wet in the rain. There was something familiar about the woman but I couldn't put my finger on it. She struggled to get up as I ran towards her. She was obviously hurt. As I came closer, I recognised the face.

She wasn't looking at me until I spoke, "Dia?!" To say that I was shocked was probably the understatement of the year. Her skin was pale, she was shiver to bits and her eyes.. They were red and blunt. She wore an expressionless stare as though she was trying to comprehend what I had said. 

"Are you okay?" I mentally slapped myself for saying this. She was clearly NOT okay.

I stood there like a fool trying to understand what had happened in the past 7 hours that turned her jubilant self to lifeless one. 

Before she could step forward, I hung my arm around her guiding her to the door, "Let's get you inside first." 

We barely made it to the door when her legs gave up but, thanks to the reflex exercises, I caught her before she made contact with the ground. As I opened the door and climbed the stairs to my apartment, I saw her jeans were ripped from the knees.

What the fucking hell happened to her?! 

 As I opened my door, she mumbled against my chest in the softest voice possible, "S-s-sor-ry, Seb!"

I quickly hushed her. "You have a lot of explaining to do, baby-girl."

I led her into my room and sat her on my bed. Quickly grabbed a towel and tried to dry her up. Her skin was cold as ice and her knees were badly wounded. A weird pain screeched through me. Thousand questions ran through my mind that moment and I was completely confused. 

Realising that I was staring at her wounds, she quickly covered them with his hands, trying to hide them from me. I sighed and walked up to my cupboard to draw out my track suit. That should be comfortable.

"Change into these. I'll be at the door. Just please call me if you need any help." She looked at me but I turned away walking towards the door. I just couldn't bear to see her in so much pain.

I hurriedly ran into the laundry room to change into dry clothes and then I went into the kitchen to make her some hot chocolate. That should help uplift her mood. Realising that it had been quite a while, I took the mug and knocked on the door before entering.

My heart ached as I saw her limping in pain across the room. I tried to put on a smile for her sake and walked up to her, grabbing the first-aid kit from the drawer. She sat on the corner of the bed as I pulled up the tracks up to her knees and tended her wounds.  

"This reminds me of the night we met." I tried to stir up a conversation. She didn't reply, neither did she winced at the pain while I applied the pinching antiseptic.

I looked at her. Her eyes were lifeless. The sparked that I loved had vanished. There was nothing in her eyes, not even an ounce of life. Her lips were slightly perched open but they spoke nothing, and they looked off into nothing. Her mind must have either been soullessly blank, or completely ravished by the thoughts that were tearing her very core apart. Her lips twitched and suddenly her eyes were full of water.

This sight tore me apart. I dropped everything and held her tightly in my arms, continuously trying not to squeeze but miserably failing. I wanted to know what was killing her but seeing her cry hysterically, I controlled myself.