44. The Last Dance

"You bring out the best in me. I don't mean better manners, or a sense of maturity, or whatever else this tired world expects of me. I mean you make me want to climb roofs, run wild, and act inappropriately, take risks, and pursue my dreams with passion and integrity. Around you, I start living."

She squeezed my hand tightly, "What if I fall, Sebastian?"

"Everyone will laugh at you, myself included." I smirked and dodged her fist that would have landed straight on my chest. Living with Mel, you get used to one of the two main things-either you become so pain tolerant that kickboxing trained strong arms and legs with a high bone density can't cause enough pain to break you down, which is obviously very unlikely, or you develop the skill of super fast movement to avoid any contact.

"Melanie," I put my hands on her shoulders, "you need to relax, okay. You look beautiful and in a while you'll walk down the aisle as gracefully as gracefully as our Melanie can be, which is more or less like a gorilla but we- Ompf!" I moved away from her rubbing the area of assault on my stomach.

"Don't insult me today at least!" She growled.

"Then stop hitting me!" I frowned. "Anyway, I need to go now. I've to pick Diana and I suppose I'm already late."

My sister caught my wrist tightly, "Don't go please. I really need you beside me right now." Her eyes pleading with mine.

"But Mel, Diana's waiting. And Stephanie will sit with you."

"Seb, please!" She urged once again, "I'm so jittery right now. I could really use your company, otherwise I'll go crazy."

No!

I held both of her hands gently in mine, "Don't do this Mel; I only have today. Please!"

"What is that supposed to mean?" The skin in the forehead wrinkled.

I didn't have any reply for her. What was I supposed to say, that I had actually lost her forever? That she hates my guts? That she only agreed to talk today to get her answers and leave our relationship in the past for good?

"Please, I need to go." As I said these words I could see the tears forming in her eyes, but I couldn't comprehend the reason why they'd be there.

"This is it?" She asked.

"Melanie.." I said letting out a long breath.

"This is because of me, isn't it?" Little amount of hurt and guilt flashed in her eyes. I gingerly placed my thumbs on the corner of her eyes, catching the big fat teardrops before they could trickle down on her cheek ruining her make-up in the process.

"Yes," I smiled at my beautiful sister who stood they confused, "it's only because of you that I found her today, and I can't thank you enough for that."

"Sebastian-" I shook my head to stop her from saying anything.

"No Melanie, my failed relationship isn't your burden to carry." I kissed the side of her forehead lovingly, "Forget all this trash, please. It's your big day and I want you to enjoy it. I'll handle everything else; you shouldn't have worry about anything. Just focus on not tripping over your dress while walking down the aisle, alright." I winked at her and earned a small smile on her worried face.

"Fabian can go to pick up Diana. I'm certain she won't mind." Kissing her forehead once again, I pocketed out my mobile and asked Fabian for a favour.

Rather I hoped she won't mind.

** ** ** **

What is taking them so long?

I waited anxiously for them as I paced back an forth at the entrance of the gardens where the ceremony were to take place.