4. The Mail

After a tiring and chaotic day at work, I let my bag fall somewhere on the floor and slammed the door to my room angrily. It's days like these that made me regret working with the UNDP; sudden council meetings at 10.30 pm, scraping off projects that you've been working your ass off because lack of funds.

"Pepperoni pizza and K-drama?" Sam cautiously peeked in.

"Now I know why I let you live with me."

She smiled complacently, "Because no one can tolerate your stingy mood swings!"

A few minutes later, we were sprawled across the couch watching a Korean drama series; it's just what I needed. The best thing about the K-dramas was that it didn't require much effort to understand what's going on; plus, the soundtracks were definitely something that me and Sam would do our crazy dance on.

"Do you think my life would make a good movie?" I asked in a serious tone.

"Is your name Spider-man? No? Then probably not!" Replied without even sparing me a glance.

I chuckled. "I'd rather be Batman than Spider-man anyway."

"So, what did you fight about at work today?"

"Those bastards are cancelling the my Brazil Medical Project can you believe that."

"But you just got the grant last week!"

"That's the thing! I spend a year and half researching and working on the proposal and when I get my grant, then simply cancel it. Why the fucking hell did you give the grant in the first place then?"

"Brazil would've been nice, although. The music, the dance, food.."

"Oooh, don't forget the Ayrton Senna memorial and the track, Interlagos. It would have been a dream come true to be there in the grandstands on a rainy day, rooting for your favourite driver!"

"Yes, yes. And then you would come home with a serious fever and a runny nose and I'd have to listen to you crib about how much you hate when you catch a cold." She commented. I shot her a 'shut up' look.

We've been through a hell lot together. She's the rock in my life. Whenever I needed to unload, she'd be there without any hesitations. She knew me inside out. They say some friends are for a reason, some for a season but only a few are for life. She was for life. She was my person.

"Oh. What happened to that guy you met in London. Did you message him?"

Holy freaking fudge!

"I knew I was missing something." I stood up, rushing towards my room.

"Yeah, you're always forgetting something or the other." She snorted.

Past two months have been crazy. Bad crazy. Ever since I returned from London, I've been encountering a new whirlwind at work everyday. I so forgot to mail Seb the photos of our day in London together.

I quickly editing a few and compressed all of them and attached in a mail. I wrote a small message but somehow it felt a little too pathetic, so I deleted it. This stupidity carried on for a while, when I finally decided to stop overthinking on almost every word and just go with my gut.

Dear Blue-Eyes,

I'm hereby sending you the photos from that day in London. Hope you can recognise Mr. Vettel despite his bruised forehead, cut lip, and casual outfit. Kidnap him before he rushes off to Australia for the race. Your payment will be wired when you successfully deliver him to me!

Regards,

TheGirlFromTheRegentPark

Now, all I have to do is what for his reply. With a mischievous grin, I went back to the couch.

"I hope you haven't send a cocky or embrassing mail!"

"What if I did?" I challenged.

"Nothing much, except that his read secretary would read it and you'd become the laughing stock." She said with a smirk.

Great. Just great!

I tried to play it cool, "Well, I really hope that isn't the case."

"Well, I really hope it is. Night!" With that she chuckled and went to bed.

I sighed.

I sat there staring at the TV and thinking about the day we spent together doing nothing, just relishing each other's presence. Even though he was, in a way, a stranger and there was a full possiblity that we'd never see each other again (in person), but still his presence felt comfortable. We had our silent moments but there wasn't any need to fill them. It was nice to know 'the Sebastian Vettel' outside the Formula1 adventures. I couldn't help smile at my luck.