41. The Goodbye

"I'm here because I'm yours
and I'm yours because
everything I am made of screams
for you."
He paused:
"You have my heart."
He said,
"And I don't care what you
do with it."

"What the fuck?!" I winced as Sebastian shouted, pushing me away. "Who is this Will?"

When I giggled, he walked up to me and harshly cupped my face in his hands. "Stop with the giggling and smiling." My soft expression met with his grave eyes with a hint of hurt. This time his voice was relatively a lot softer but serious as ever, "Tell me, who is Will?"

"Just some random guy.." I shrugged slightly as if it were no big deal which according to me wasn't. I mean it's not like we really kissed, right?

Jerking me by my shoulders, he gave me a slight push, "You asked a fucking random guy to kiss you?" I nodded. "Have you lost all your senses?" He glared at me raising his voice. If not the shrill in his voice, his icy glare sent my sober state crawling forth.

I interjected shaking my head with disapproval, "It didn't mean anything."

"Do you hear yourself?"

"Oh come on!" Drawling out, I rolled my eyes at his stupid remark. Ignoring me, he continued to scold me like I was a misbehaved child. 

"Are you in fucking college playing kissing games with any random person who pops on your radar?"

"You're over-reacting now." I almost mumbled. He looked at me with wide eyes like I had three heads stemming from my neck simultaneously. His bold defensive stance became rigid more than ever. "Great! Now, my girlfriend thinks I'm over-reac-"

"Ex-girlfriend, Sebastian." Looking anywhere but at him, I pointed out interjecting his soon-to-be-unleashed-ramble. His stance faltered slightly but he regained his composure.. Well, in this case, his angered state. 

"So this is what it's about?" He inched his head slightly sideways, cold and angry eyes still fixated on me with a hard glare. Exasperated, I sat down on the bed bracing myself for a long and tiring night. Minus the sex, though. I groaned mentally.

"This is not about anything, Seb. You don't even know the whole f-ing story so just stop, okay. Stop with this stupid stance you're standing in, stop looking at me like an idiot, st-" 

"Excuse me for pointing out the obvious." Now it was my turn to give him the ugly angry stare he's had this whole while. "Tell me what happened. Every. Single. Thing." I flopped myself backwards on the bed, my hands flailing on my either side. All the different types of alcohol wrapped my head in a buzz delaying my cognitions by a few seconds while I recovered from the visions of the ceiling spinning around. 

Rolling my eyes, I hoped to recite the whole thing without interruptions. "Dear diary, today was an exceptionally shitty day."

"Can we do this without sarcasm for once?" He huffed and sat on the edge of the bed, hunching his back and rested his elbows on his knees; beside me but never once looking at me.

"Do you want to know anything or not?" He breathed out loudly and motioned me to continue. "Later that exceptionally shitty day, ex-boyfriend dragged me across the Pacific pond to meet his sister and his niece against my will, if I may add. I sneaked out of his house and headed towards a bar. I found a sorrowful yet admirably handsome drinking partner named Will. After the whole story telling and stuff like that, he asked me whether I was love that idiot of an ex-boyfriend." He didn't say that but well.. 

I turned my head to see his eyes intently gazing at my face. I pulled myself into a sitting position by pulling on his shoulder. "Do you know what I said? I told him I wasn't interested in my ex-boyfriend anymore. I told him that my ex's erratic shift in his emotions made me cautious of him; every time I was with him, I was scared about his power over me."