sixteen • all my loving

close your eyes and i'll kiss you
tomorrow i'll miss you
remember i'll always be true
and then while i'm away
i'll write home every day
and i'll send all my lovin' to you

i took paul's last folded shirt and shoved it into his large suitcase.

"we should probably head out and wait for the cab outside," paul suggested somberly.

although we both didn't want to converse about it, we both knew that we would eventually be split for a whole two weeks. we didn't want to think of that at the moment.

i nodded silently and helped carry his bags downstairs.

we headed out his door and we set his bags down on the ground heavily. almost as if on cue, we turned to face each other.

i looked down to see paul's fingers reach out and interlace with mine, and my eyes lingered on our hands then moved their way up to paul.

he had a weary smile on his face, and we both were thinking the same things.

our foreheads leaned in and rested on each other's, enjoying each other's company while it lasted.

his hands rested on my cheeks, causing me to shift my glance to his eyes.

"i love you, sav. more than you know," paul whispered.

"i love you too, paulie. please don't ever forget me."

his hand pressed in a bit more to my cheeks and he pulled his forehead off of mine, keeping a small distance between us.

"i could never forget you."

he brought my face up to his again and he placed a long, sweet kiss on my lips. he pulled away and stared into my eyes, deep in thought.

the cab had pulled up to where we were standing, and we started to load the bags into the back.

"i think thats all," i stated, putting paul's last suitcase into the back of the cab.

"yep, i think it is," paul said blandly, our eyes meeting for a split second before we tore our gazes away from each other.

we hopped in and sped off, the air too thick with apathy to say anything.

my head fell onto paul's shoulder, and he wearily patted the top of my head. his head eventually fell on top of mine, our bodies stiff with weariness, yet soft with the love for each other. we remained like that until we got to the airport.

the whole car ride was completely silent, both of us afraid to say anything in fear of getting too attached.

we pulled up to the airport, me helping paul carry his bags in.

hand in hand, we walked to the gate paul was to be left at and we waited until it was time for him to board.

"these next two weeks are going to be absolutely hell," i mumbled, leaning my head back.

"we'll still be in contact, savvy. i'll call you every morning and even every night too if you want, and i'll send letters. and don't forget, you'll still have ella, the other three lads, and mo and cyn. you'll be ok," he said softly with smile that could make anyone do it back.