fourteen • for you blue

i've loved you from the moment, i saw you
you looked at me that's all you had to do
i feel it now, i hope you feel it too

"savannah, wake up!" ella's voice rang, causing me to sit up in bed.

"paul would like to meet up with you today at his house. he wants you there sooner rather than later, so get your ass out of bed," she stated, smacking my bum with a dish towel.

"no need to be so harsh," i responded, rolling my eyes and getting out of bed as ella headed out.

i got dressed into a sweater and jeans, not feeling like wearing a dress. i called a cab and told the driver paul's address.

i loved spending time with paul. i couldn't believe that i once didn't want to be even friends with him. he never made things boring; there was always something to talk about and joke about with him. it was absolutely astonishing to see someone with that charm and personality.

my thoughts were cut short and i arrived at paul's house and watched as the cab sped off. i rang the bell and waited for paul to open the door.

"hi savvy, its nice to see you again," he stated after he opened the door.

"hey paulie, its nice to see you again too," i said as he wrapped his long arms around me in a hug.

"well come on in, its bloody freezing out there," paul said, putting his hand of the small of my back and guiding me in.

"what would you like to do today, darling?" paul asked, taking my jacket off for me.

"anything you would like," i suggested.

he shrugged and kept his answer short. "i was just planning on lounging around and watching films. i want to spend time with you."

paul looked uneasy. something was making him uncomfortable to think about. i decided to brush it off, it was probably nothing.

"that sounds wonderful."

we got comfy on the couch together. his arm was wrapped around me and he rested his head on my shoulder.

"so savvy, your birthday is coming up soon. what do you think we should do for it?" paul asked, smiling. i played with a small strand of hair that was on his head.

"i don't really know, i don't usually celebrate my birthday. ella usually drags me out of the house to do something fun, but i never want to go. its just a silly old birthday, isn't it?"

"birthdays are supposed to be fun. you should be thanking ella for taking you out. you need some fun in your life," paul said, lifting up his head and looking at me with pure adoration in his eyes.

i smiled at him and kissed the top of his head as he laid his head back down.

we laid like that for a while, just enjoying each other's company.

i occasionally felt paul stiffen up, almost as if he was going to say something and decided against it. he needed to tell me something, and i was going to find out what.

"paul, y'know if you need to tell me something, you can just tell me. i can tell you're uneasy. i promise i won't be angry," i told him.