nine • she loves you

she says she loves you
and you know that can't be bad
yes, she loves you
and you know you should be glad, ooo!

i woke up the next morning to find paul staring right at me with the smallest smile on his face.

"good morning, sleepy head," paul said, tapping the tip of my nose.

i smiled back, groggy. "how long have you been up?" i asked him.

"not too long, maybe a few minutes," he replied. we sat there staring at each other, examining each others faces.

paul's eyes crinkled whenever he smiled, which i thought was the cutest thing. his moptop laid lazily over his forehead, and i reached my hand out to brush it away.

i saw paul's eyes squint, like he saw something on my face.

"what paul? do i have something on me?" i asked.

"sweetheart, you still have tear stains under your eyes from last night. lets take care of that, stay right here," paul stated, sitting me up and running to the bathroom. i glanced over to the clock, which read 9:45.

i loved how caring he was. my mind flashed back to what happened last night, and i thought about how gentle and sweet he was. that alone would make anyone want to fall in love with him.

yet again, i cringed, for i let my mind travel to that dark place.

paul came back into the room with a wet rag. he sat on my right side and gently held my chin in his thumb and forefinger. he carefully wiped under my eyes and all down the side of my cheek. i turned my eyes and caught a quick glimpse of him, and he looked concentrated, like he was making sure to not hurt me.

he turned my head and wiped the other cheek just like he had with my other one. were now only centimeters apart and looking right at each other. his eyes never left my cheek, but i couldn't help but look right at him. when he was finished, he put the rag down.

"now thats better," he tilted my head up and brought his lips onto mine.

we pulled away and i look straight at him. "c'mon, lets get some brekkie. im starving."

we headed to his kitchen, with paul turning the kettle on and me sitting on the couch. he eventually got me my tea and handed me a plate with scrambled eggs and a fork.

"thank you, paul. for everything," i said out of the blue.

"savvy, what are you thanking me for?" he asked laughing.

"for being you. thanks for being so caring. as much as i love ella as a friend, she's never been this caring to me before."

"anytime love, anytime."

suddenly, a knock was heard at the door. we both looked at each other and tilted our heads.

"i wonder who that could be?" paul asked to himself, opening the door.

"well, sorry paul, i hate to break up whatever is happening here, but you've had my savannah for long enough."

i get up and look out the door to see ella standing there.