thirty seven • slow down

baby, now you're moving way too fast
you gotta gimme little loving
gimme little loving
if you want our love to last

first person pov

that weird period between christmas and new years flew by in a heartbeat, and tonight we had yet another party go to for new years. only this time, ella and i were hosting it.

i was excited for 1964. it was a new beginning for all of us. i would be going into 1964 with ella and the boys by my side, and i was ready for anything.

then again, i wasn't excited because after tonight, paul and i had to go back to work. which means no more constantly seeing each other every day. not going to lie, i was a little heartbroken.

ella and i ran around the house the whole morning and afternoon of, cleaning and setting up tables with snacks and beverages. once we finally finished that task, we needed to get ourselves ready.

i decided to go for a monochromatic look and wore a dark blue cardigan over a light blue shirt, paired with tight blue jeans. my short hair was pulled back with a blue headband to match, pulling a few of the front strands loose.

ella and i walked out of our rooms and eyed each others outfits.

"damn savannah, you look cute," she commented.

"i could say the same about you," i replied back, looking at her golden yellow dress that paired nicely with her light blonde hair.

"y'know, this is getting a bit repetitive. us walking out of our rooms and then complimenting each other's outfits," ella said.

i nodded and smiled. "yeah, i guess you're right."

paul and george were coming early to finish setting up decorations, and soon after we finished getting ourselves ready the front door swung open.

"we're here," george called out.

i came out of the kitchen and looked at the two boys. "well thanks for knocking," i said sarcastically.

george smiled a bit. "my pleasure."

i rolled my eyes and greeted paul. "happy new years eve, savvy," paul said, then greeting me with a short kiss.

"happy new years eve. are you excited for us to have our kiss at midnight?" i asked excitedly.

he raised an eyebrow. "you really want to do that? isn't it a bit... cliche?"

i slapped his chest playfully. "yes i do! i think everyone should get to do that at least once, and i haven't had my opportunity yet."

paul rolled his eyes with a smile. "oh, fine. i could never turn down a kiss from my favorite bird."

i winked and soon after, us four got to work for the next half hour preparing.

the time flew by, and not long later the first knock sounded at the door.

"vanny, i hope i'm not disappointed by the party you and smella are throwing," john said seriously as soon as i had opened the door.

"i believe you'll be very pleased, mr. lennon," i said back.

john walked in and led cynthia in behind him.

"hey cyn, how's it going?" i asked, ella coming over as well.

"i'm doing well, getting along. how are you two doing?"

"we're doing great, just enjoying the holidays," ella told her.