four • till there was you

there were birds in the sky
but i never saw them winging
no, i never saw them at all
till there was you

i woke up early the next morning, excited for the day that was ahead of me. not only was i going to get to see paul do what he is famous for, but i want to get to know the rest of the band as well. the last i saw john and ringo was when john told me that paul thought i was beautiful, and ringo laughed his ass off about it.

i changed into a floral dress and put my hair into a low bun, pulling out the little strands of hair at the front of my face. i ran down the stairs and checked the clock; it was 8:55, five minutes before paul said he would pick me up. i looked over to the couch and saw ella sitting there with a cup of tea. "ooo, damn savannah. paul won't be able to resist you."

i giggled. "thanks, ell. i wish you could come too, and watch george."

"ehh, he didn't invite me. besides, i'll probably be able to go to a session soon. and-" ella was cut off by the doorbell, and i knew that paul was here.

"savannah, make sure you say hi to geo for me!" ella called as i opened the door to see paul's smiling face.

"wow, savvy, you look great," paul stated, his eyes glimmering in awe.

"thanks, you look pretty ok too." i replied back awkwardly.

paul smiled and rolled his eyes. "oh, and by the way, the lads wanted to come with me to pick you up. so you'll be stuck riding with them as well, if thats alright."

i smiled brightly and just said, "yeah, thats fine." i heard ella walk up behind me and wave to paul.

"hey ella. george says 'hi' to you," paul said, waving back to ella.

"i was already planning on having savannah tell him 'hi.' well, tell him i said hello back, i guess," she said, laughing and taking a sip of her tea.

"will do. you ready to leave, love?" paul asked, reaching for my hand.

"yep, im ready. bye ella!" i called back to ella who was standing at the door.

"have fun you two!" she said with a wink and closing the door. paul lead me to his car, my hand still in his.

"oh, this would probably be a good time to tell you. ringo called the front seat with me, so you'll be stuck in the back with john and george, ok? ringo is so stubborn, not giving up his seat for a lady," he said, shaking his head.

i gave him a small smirk. "thats fine with me." i opened the door of the car and found a smiling john right in front of me.

"hi, do you have reservations?" john asked, putting on a fake accent, with the stupid grin not leaving his face. i eyed the empty seat in between him and george, surprised that john hadn't offered to get out yet so i could crawl in.

john was still waiting for an answer, so i just replied "no?"

"well sorry, this car is for reservations only," john said, closing the car door. i rolled my eyes and stopped him from closing it.

"are you going to get out or what?" i asked, impatient.

"im comfy in my seat, actually. you'll just have to climb over me."