Chapter 23

Willow

It's been three days since I saw the video. I haven't even tried to contact Alex. To be honest, I do not even care at this point. It's my past. However, I will forgive him just to ease his mind. I'm not bitter at all. As long as he is there for our daughter, I'm fine with that.
Ring! Ring!

I look down at the phone.
Hey Alex? What's up?

Hey Low, I know it's been a couple of days but I just want to know where your head is?

I'm good Alex. I forgave you once I found out. Ashton on the other hand, he is reeling over this. He's mad that you put yourself into a situation like that and as your brother, you allowed him to be used. I know that Lex is a bitch, but that's your brother. That's a whole other level of hurt hun. You've hurt me so much until I am used to you. You are selfish but I'm proud of you for finally doing the right thing. You have to talk to Ashton though hun. Y'all might not ever be close again but Ashton is a forgiving person.

I guess you're right. Oh and low?

Yes Alex?

Thank you.

I hang up the phone and get dressed for this busy day.

I put my curls into a bun and head out the door

20 minutes later....

Jen walls up to my car.

Hey boss lady! So ummm.... how was your night?

Fine Jen....
I look at her because she looks terrified....

Jen what's wrong and why are you acting so weird? What's up?

She starts crying.

Jen seriously what the hell is wrong?!

Boss lady she Lex has been here in the shop and she convinced two workers to quit, she opened a shop this morning and she egged the shop windows.

I smile.

Why are you smiling boss lady? This is bad!

No it's not Jen. I already knew she would be petty. I was gonna fire Amber and Julissa anyway. Also, she is renting that space from my father and I told him to give it to her. I am not mad, nor will I block a blessing. He prepared a table before me in the presence of my enemies. Remember that.

Boss Lady, you are better than me! I would have her evicted.

She will get hers sooner or later. I just won't be the one to give it to her. My dad is already charging her double the rent. What can i do besides pray for her hun.

I go into my office and call Jen in.

Hey Jen! Can you post a social media posting saying we are looking for three new clients.

Okay Boss Lady! I'm on it for you right now.

Oh and can you please prep my station for makeup and my station for my bride. We are doing a test run and i promised her that I would be the one to do her hair and makeup. And Jen?

Yes Boss Lady?

Please let the girls know we have a lunch meeting and that that hour block will be paid. I will be getting lunch catered for all of us and i have some even bigger news for the girls.

Okay Boss Lady! I will call Chef Tammy now.

Thank you so much Jen. You are the best friend and assistant that a person could ever have. Who would've ever thought we would be like we are now.

She leaves to handle businesss and I handle my brides hair and make up appoinment.

I head upstairs to my newly renovated staff room

Hey ladies.

Hey Willow.

Ok. So as you guys know A new shop has opened up and a few members have left.

Willow you are a good boss! Believe me it was not because of that. You help us in our personal lives and you even pay commission. You even lowered booth rent for us. I know that I can speak for everyone here when I say that we thank God for you. You are our family.

Sienna do not make me cry. Y'all know I love you guys. I am not mad. I'm proud of anyone who want to branch out and start their own. I'm even happy that she took the most troubled stylists I have. It gives me room to bring in more stylists who are like you guys! People who want to work and build clientele. I want to bring in a few fresh out cosmetologist.
I look at Jen and she starts taking notes.
I want to bring In three fresh out of school cosmetologists for apprenticeships. We are about to turn this beauty bar into something bigger than me and us as a collective. Jennifer, do not set me any appointments for this week. We will be heading to different beauty schools. I have to find the right apprentices. I need one for nails, makeup and hair. I also want a girl with the love for all three so make that 4 apprenticeships. Let them know they will be paid 80 a day and commission for products that are sold. Also put an ad on fb for a 1 open chair in our shop as well. My job is going to be to train these ladies to run their own as well as you guys. I want you guys to know whether you choose to work for me or branch off, we are a family and always will be.

Thanks Willow!

You guys are so welcome. Enjoy your lunch and let's get back to work .