Chapter 9

Willow

I get into the car and follow Dad. We arrive in the park and I get out.

"Dad, why are we here?"

"Because I want to show you something."

We walk over to the microscope and he shows me a star and hands me a certificate.

"Really Dad, this has to be the most corniest thing ever. It's sweet though."

"Well I named a star after you when you were born. At the time people were doing it and I said I would do it for my babygirl.  I also have something for you"

He hands me a paper.

"What in the world!?"

"Babygirl, I started saving this since before you were born. After my parents did what they did, I knew that one day I would see you and no matter what, I would give this to you. Babygirl I have loved you before I even knew you. You are apart of me and when I saw you, I knew you were my babygirl without a doubt."

"Dad this is 2.5 million dollars. I cannot accept this."

"You can and you will. It's yours not mine. I have triple the amount in just on of my accounts babygirl. You are fine."

"Really Dad? Thank you."

I get in the car and call Jennifer.

"Jen, I know it's late but I need you to meet me at the bank in the morning around 8."

"OK girl. I got you bosslady."

I hang up and drive home. 

I get home and find everyone asleep. I head upstairs to shower for bed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning...

I wakeup and head to my closet to find something to wear. I have to meet with my banker at the bank even though it's closed. He agreed to meet with me this morning. Then I have to go to church. G is giving his first sermon for youth Sunday.

I get dressed and go to make sure Alexa is dressed

"Hey babygirl! You ready for church?"

"Yes mommy!"

I go over to her and help her with her boots.

"You look so pretty babygirl."

"You look pretty mommy. Is my sister going to be at church?"

"Yes baby. Ari will be at church today. She will be here tonight. Y'all are goiing to school together in the morning."

"Okies mommy. Can I wear my fro today like you?"

"Yes baby."

I put her a headband on and moisturize her hair and let it be free.

"Go check on granny and Glamma."

She runs out of the room to get mama and granny.

"Hey babygirl!"

I walk into the living room where they are.

"Hey mama. Hey granny. Are y'all ready?"

"Yea baby. We were waiting on you and Lexa."

We get into the car and I stop by the bank.

"Wait here I will be right back."

I go into the bank.

"Hello Ms. Willow. How are you on this beautiful Sunday?"

"I am fine, I just want to do this while I still can."

I hand him the check for 2.5 million dollars.

"Wow this is a lot of money. You are doing quite well aren't you?"

"This is from my father and I would like to add to the  trust for my two daughters. This is to add to what I already have in there for them. I want to put five hundred thousand in Lexa's and five hundred thousand in Ari's. The rest I would like to put into my business account except for thirty thousand."

"Okay that sounds good to me. I have you all set up and the thirty thousand has been deposited into your personal account."

"Okay thanks so much Joe. I need to get out of here for church but you have a great sunday."

Me and Jen walk out of the bank.

"So your dad literally handed you 2.5 million dollars?!?!"

"Yes and come over to the house after church for family dinner. Chef Julie is preparing a big feast and my Dad will be there Jen. I really need you to be there and plus you are my family too."

"Girl, when I heard Chef Julie, my stomach was in!"

We laugh and I get in the truck and we head to church."