Chapter 10

Willow

We get to church and we sit with first lady. She leans over and hugs me and Lexa immediately sits in her lap as usual. 

"Hey Low, Pastor and I want to talk to you and G after church."

"Yes ma'am"

Just then the youth chior gets up to sing The Hill by Travis Greene.  The spirit fills the place and G gets up to do his sermon.

30 minutes later.....

"Mama can you watch Ari and Lexa? G and I have to go talk to Pastor and First Lady."

I walk to the back and hear them talking to G.

"Are you sure you're ready for a relationship Gerald? You just got out of something very hard. You both did. Did either of you take into consideration the children?"

"Mama we took everything into consideration. You know i have loved Willow since we were kids. Had i been man enough from the beginning and told her, none of any of this would have happened. She and I would be married by now and Alexa would be my daughter. I believe that everything happens for a reason though. Our bad relationships make us appreciate and love each other even more. I love her mama and I will marry her. On my time and not yours. I dont care what the church thinks. Once I feel she is ready to get married and we actually talk about it, that's when we will. Youth Pastor or not, this is my life and she and I are not sleeping together. Let them talk all they want. Willow and I are doing the right thing."

"You're right son. I was trying to get your mother to understa..."

I knock on the door

knock knock!

"Oh hey Low! Come in." First Lady comes over to hug me.

"Not to disrupt anything but I heard the whole conversation."

They all look at me.

"I must speak on my behalf. Pastor and First Lady, you guys have known me since i was born. You practically helped raise me into the woman I am today. I also know that I was not married when I conceived Alexa but her father and I did get married. So did G and his ex wife. We experienced hard ships in relationships. Yet, we found the will to love each other and we trust God to guard our hearts. We truly love each other. This man knows me better than i know myself and vice versa. I thank God for him every day. I will not stand in the way of anything he has going on. I support everything."

"We know you do. I say that you are perfect for my son Low and you guys have my blessing and my wife's as well. Right babe?"

"Of course. It's just i worry about you both. I love you like a daughter Low."

"I love you too."

"Dinner will be at my house so we need to get there you guys. Chef July is probably waiting.

We leave and go to my house and we all gather around the table. Ari sits by my and Lea sits by G. G grabs my hand and holds it under the table and i smile at him.

He leans over and whispers, "You know you are the most beautiful woman in the world right?"

"I love you too G." He kisses my cheek and the girls both giggle.

Chef July comes in with dinner. 

"Ooooo this looks so good July

"Ooooo this looks so good July."

"Thanks Granny. You know i love to cook for my favorite family. You guys make me feel so good."

"Yes July this food is amazing!"

We all eat and G leans over to me again, "Meet me in your room in 5"

 I nod my head and he gets up first to head upstairs.