Chapter 13

Gerald

"Hey baby! How did the first day of Mommy and me go?"
I walk over and hug Low. She rolls her eyes.
"So guess who is the mother of the bully?" I look at her with confusion. "Who bae?"
She stands up and walks to the dresser. "The Mayors wife! I know you remember Trina. That evil heffa was friends with Jen. She was always a bimbo and her slow butt didn't even remember me!"
I walk behind her and wrap my arms around her waist. "You are so beautiful baby."
She smiles at me. "I can't wait for you to be my First Lady."

Willow

"So when do you plan on making that happen?" He turns to look at me with this sparkle in his eye, "Soon Low. Believe that."

Sometimes the words don't mean anything but it's the way he says them. This man knows me inside and out. To be with my best friend of 27 years is just amazing.

"Bae let me call Jen right quick and I will come down stairs and cook dinner. Okay?"

He smiles at me, " Don't take too long ma, you know the girls have school and I'm letting ari stay here but I have a conference to travel for in the am."

"Okay babe."

I call Jen.
"BossLady! What's up?"

"You know I'm trying to be nice but guess who is the mother of the girl who has been picking with Ari!"
"Who sis?!"
"Trisha!"
All I hear is a loud thump.

"Jen?"
"Jen..."

"Oh I'm here! I'm just waiting on you to stop playing."
"I'm not playing. Im so serious! She even had the nerve to try to throw her power around. Talking about she's the Mayor's wife. Girl please! I am officially a celebrity stylist and you have no authority to shut me down!"

"Celebrity stylist?"

"Yes Cardi has her people call me! She is doing a show in Memphis and she wanted my glam squad to do her up. So I'm going to let the girls know."

"Oh Em Gee! Have you told G yet?"
"Not yet. I'm going to tell him over dinner."
"Why are you and him not having sex?! This is beyond me!"
"Sex doesn't make the relationship Jen. I jumped the gun with both of my ex's. I just don't want that again. I trust G because that's my best friend but I have rid myself of those spirits and I'm finally coming into myself. I love what he brings to my life. Absolutely no drama and he brings peace. He makes me want to be better and my life has continued to elevate. He prays more for me than I do for myself. He's a good man and he has his own. He wants nothing from me. He is a blessing."
"Aww Low! I'm so happy for you but I do need to meet with you after mommy and me tomorrow. I need to tel you something."

Oh hell I have this gut feeling. Something is wrong. Jen never wants to talk.

The next day.....

I pull up to the beauty bar and pull Jen into my office

"Tell me! I have been thinking about this all day!"

She looks at me with tears in her eyes.
"I'm pregnant for real this time Low."
She hands me the papers and I look at her. I hug her.
"It's going to be fine. I wasn't married when I had Alexa. Who cares what people think. You are going to be a great mom and I'm going to be auntie of the year!"

She shakes her head and continues to cry.

"The father is still married Low. They've been separated for months now and he and I started seeing each other. If I tell you who he is, you might hate me!"

"Who?!"

My heart sinks!

"Ashton." She mumbles