Chapter 55

Jennie anxiously stood outside of Jisoo's hospital room as Changmin and a few other doctors were running tests over her.

Her gut feeling had been right.

Just as she had began to dial Jisoo's number, Changmin had already beat her to it and told her to come to the hospital.

As quickly as she could, Chaeyoung had immediately drove herself and Jennie to the hospital as they were informing everyone else of Jisoo's condition.

Now here she stood, outside of her wife's hospital room, not knowing if whether this would be the last time she would ever see her.

Jennie held back a sob as she felt a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Turning back, she was met with Soojoo's face.

Soojoo: She'll be okay.

Jennie turns back towards the door to Jisoo's room before letting out a sigh.

Jennie: I really hope so.

Just then, the door opens, revealing Changmin as he made his way towards them. Jennie looks towards him with a hopeful expression as she waited for him to speak.

Changmin: She's stable now.

His answer allowed everyone to release sighs of relief they didn't know they were holding.

Changmin: I need you all to come with me inside. This is something that must be discussed between us all and Jisoo.

Jennie shares a worried look with Soojoo before slowly leading the way into Jisoo's private room.

At the presence of Jisoo's family and friends, the other doctors decided to leave the room in order to give them their privacy.

Jisoo turns her head towards the door and her lips curve into a small smile as she soon as she had laid her eyes on Jennie.

Jennie returns her the same smile and made her way towards the older girl.

Jisoo looked weak and fragile as she once again laid under the white sheets of the hospital bed. It pained Jennie to see her wife like this.

She grabs Jisoo hand before taking a seat next to her.

Jennie: Hey Chu.

Jisoo had trouble speaking under the mask that covered her face. Before reaching to remove it, Jennie looked towards Changmin for his approval, in which he nodded in reply.

As soon as the mask was off her face, Jisoo felt herself relax a bit more.

Jisoo: Hey guys.

Everyone within the room gave her a smile of their own after seeing that she was okay. Changmin clears his throat awkwardly as he tries to gather everyone's attention. It seemed to have worked because every pair of eyes in the room had immediately drifted towards him.

Changmin: Jisoo, I'm sure that at this point that you understand as much as I do...

Everyone inside the room was confused as to what Changmin was hinting at. Jisoo on the other hand seemed to have understood the older boy's words. Releasing a sigh of defeat, she nodded her head in agreement before deciding to explain to everyone what was going on.

Jisoo: I'm going to do the surgery.

Her statement causes the entire room to go silent as they stared at her in shock as well as just a sliver of hope. Jennie of course was the first one to speak.

Jennie: You mean... you're not gonna push it back anymore?

Jisoo shook her head as Changmin stepped in to explain everything in detail.