Chapter 41

In celebration of Jisoo's birthday, here's a special update for you guys! 🥳💜🥰

•••

Jennie stares at her wife in disbelief.

Jennie: Jisoo, your arm just healed. I'd really appreciate it you don't break it again!

Jisoo scoffs playfully.

Jisoo: You're underestimating me Jendeuk-ah. Just stand there and watch me wheel my way to victory.

The younger rolled her eyes just as Chaeyoung and Lisa turned into the hospital's crowded lobby. Lined up at the end of the hallway, was Jisoo, along with a row of patients in their wheelchairs.

Chaeyoung: What's going on?

The two girls had came to visit Jisoo, but the older girl was no where to be found when they had arrived in her room.

When they heard that there was going to be a race occurring in the hospital's main lobby, they immediately came over to check it out, somehow sensing that Jisoo would be there.

Jennie heaves out an exasperated sigh and walked over towards Chaeyoung.

Jennie: Jisoo is trying to break every single bone in her body. Please tell her that she's being stupid Chaeyoung-ah!

Jisoo rolled her eyes.

Jisoo: You're being over dramatic Jennie-ah. It's just a little race!

Lisa squealed in excitement as she made her way over to Jisoo.

Lisa: This is amazing! Jisoo unnie! I'm definitely betting my money on you!

Jisoo whooped excitedly and raised her hand up to high five Lisa. Chaeyoung on the other hand shook her head in disapproval.

Chaeyoung: Where's Changmin Oppa? Shouldn't he be stopping this?

Jennie rolled her eyes in frustration.

Jennie: He's the referee of this race!

Chaeyoung's eyes widened in bewilderment. Looking around, she finally spotted the older male and marched over towards him with Jennie following closely behind.

Chaeyoung: Oppa!

Changmin turned towards the younger girl's direction and waves his hand enthusiastically.

Changmin: Chaeyoung-ah, you're here! Just in time too! The race is about to start!

Chaeyoung: Oppa, you're a doctor! Shouldn't you be trying to keep your patients safe?! How could you agree to this?!

Changmin releases a light chuckle.

Changmin: There's nothing to worry about Chaeng-ah. We have doctors and nurses around the course to ensure that the patients don't hurt themselves.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at his answer.

Chaeyoung: And how will you ensure Jisoo unnie's safety?

Changmin: What do you mean?

Chaeyoung: You know very well that Unnie will still manage to find someway of getting hurt! She's freaking Kim Jisoo!

Changmin releases an amused laugh.

Changmin: You're worrying too much Chaengie. I can assure you that Jisoo will be fine.

Jennie face palmed herself before stepping forward.

Jennie: Oppa, you're talking about Jisoo. Back when we were in University, she broke her collarbone during tryouts for the mascot because the head was too heavy for her!