Chapter 43

So apparently JenKai broke up??? My Jensoo heart is happy, but I also hope that Jennie is okay. I wish the best for both Kai and Jennie though. <3 

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! xoxo 

•••

Jisoo rolled around the bed in boredom, when her stomach started to growl angrily. Jennie was at work again today, leaving Jisoo at home by herself because of her leg injury.

She was hungry and she missed her wife.

Suddenly, an idea pops into her head. The CEO sits up abruptly from her bed and reaches for her phone. She dialed Jennie's number and waited for the other line to pick up.

Jennie: Jisoo~ This is the fifth time you've called me today. If--

Jisoo: Ahh~ Jennie-ah I'm in pain! Oh my god! I think I'm gonna die!

Jennie was thrown into a panicked frenzy on the other line, her work forgotten.

Jennie: Jisoo-yah, what's wrong?! Jisoo!

Jisoo: Ahh~ my leg! Please come home Jennie-ah!

Without uttering another word, Jisoo quickly hung up the phone. She smirks to herself, feeling proud of what she had just done. She carefully lifts herself up from the bed and hobbled downstairs to wait for the younger girl.

Jisoo sat in the living room for about 7 minutes when Jennie bursts into the house, her body dripping with sweat. At the sight of her wife, Jisoo immediately stands up in excitement.

Jisoo: Wah! You came back faster than I thought Jennie-ah!

Ignoring her tired state, Jennie rushes over and examined Jisoo's body.

Jennie: Did you get hurt? Where are you hurting? Forget it, let me take you to the hospital.

Jisoo: I'm not hurt Jendeuk-ah. I'm perfectly fine.

Jennie takes a step back as she stares at Jisoo in bewilderment.

Jennie: But on the phone... you said that--

Realizing that the older girl had been lying to her, Jennie's face morphs into a dismayed expression.

Jennie: Jisoo~

Jisoo gives her wife an apologized look, afraid that the younger girl might hit her.

Jisoo: I'm sorry?

Jennie: You lied to me! I was so worried!

The older girl winced at the volume of Jennie's voice.

Jisoo: Technically, I wasn't lying.

Jennie crosses her arms in anger.

Jennie: You said that you were in pain, and that you were gonna die.

Jisoo: I was in pain because I missed you so much Jagiya~ (honey). And I honestly felt like I could've died because of hunger.

Jennie: And your leg?

Jisoo: I can't cook with my leg like this. I would've burned the house down.

Jennie rolled her eyes.

Jennie: You would've burned the house down with or without that cast.

Jisoo raises a finger and points it Jennie, nodding in agreement.

Jisoo: Exactly! Which is why I couldn't have cooked for myself.

Jennie releases a heavy sigh.

Jennie: You could've ordered for food Jisoo.