Chapter 9

The next day Jennie came to work. As usual, Nayeon waits by the front desk to inform Jennie about her schedule for the day as they walk to her office.

Nayeon: Ok Miss Kim. So today you have a meeting with the shareholders of our comapany, lunch with Mr. Yoon, another visit to the resort, and... a meeting with CEO Kim of Dream.

Jennie stopped in her tracks and did a double take. Turning to Nayeon, she asked.

Jennie: Why do I have a meeting with CEO Kim? We just met yesterday.

Nayeon took a glance at her notes regarding the meeting in question.

Nayeon: According to this, you and CEO Kim had planned this meeting last week to discuss about the opening ceremony for the new resort.

A look of recognition crossed Jennie's face as she remebered planning that out with Jisoo. She mentally face-palmed her self for the inconvenience of the meeting.

After her argument with Jisoo yesterday, Jennie doubted that any of them was comfortable with talking with one another. But then again, business is business. She'll just have to swallow her own pride and try to get through a civil and affective meeting with Jisoo.

Jennie: So what's the first thing on my list?

Bayern took a glance at the clipboard before replying.

Nayeon: I believe that it's your meeting with CEO Kim.

Jennie nodded.

Nayeon: Would you like for me to set you guys up for brunch somewhere? Or will you be meeting at Dream?

Jennie shook her head.

Jennie: I'll just meet her up at Dream. It's more convenient that way.

Nayeon: Ok then. I will handle the company while you're gone.

Jennie: Thank you Nayeon. I should get going now, I appreciate your help a lot.

Nayeon: No problem Miss Kim, it's all in a day's work.

Jennie gave her secretary a smile before walking off to her car.

It was a 30 minute drive from Jennie's company to Dream.

On the way, the CEO was trying to think of ways to talk to Jisoo without making it awkward between them.

But through the whole 30 minutes, she thought of nothing. Heaving a sigh, she parked her car before walking into Dream.

Jennie was walking towards the direction of the elevator, when she heard someone call out.

"Excuse me! Miss!"

She turned around, and walked towards the front desk.

Jennie: I'm sorry, but we're you calling for me?

Employee: Oh Miss Kim, I'm sorry I didn't recognize you!

Jennie: No worries.

Employee: But if you're here to see our CEO, then I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

Jennie: Is she not here?

The employee shook her head.

Employee: No.

Jennie: Do you happen to know why?

The employee sighed.

Employee: Our CEO is sick and was admitted to the hospital just yesterday.

Jennie was shocked to hear the news. 'Was she caught in the rain yesterday?' Looking back at the employee, she asked.