Chapter 44

Hanbin was once again in his father's study. The elder man had been quiet ever since Hanbin had stepped into the room.

After a few more moments of silence, the elder had turned around to face his son.

Abeoji: Have you found him?

Hanbin: Yes sir.

Hanbin watches as his father gives him a satisfied nod.

Abeoji: Where is that fool?

Hanbin: He is outside Abeoji.

Abeoji: Bring him in.

Hanbin steps outside and returns a few moments after with an elderly man in his mid fourties.

The man walked in with confidence, despite the fear that he was currently feeling for himself, as well as for his family.

Hanbin's father smiles at the sight of the man before him.

Abeoji: Jung Il Woo! How have you been old friend!

Il Woo: What do you want from me Lee Seungi?

Seungi leans forward in his seat as he smirked at Il Woo.

Seungi: Calm down Il Woo. Is this your way of greeting  your old friend? Have a seat so that we could catch up.

The younger man stood in his spot, his eyes cold.

Il Woo: You're no friend of mine. Tell me why you have brought me here.

Hanbin watches as his father neatly folded his hands together and gazed over Il Woo with calculating eyes.

The elder clears his throat before releasing a sinister chuckle.

Seungi: I want you to tell Kim Jisoo the truth about that accident 4 years ago.

Il Woo's eyes hardened as he thought back to the dreadful day.

Il Woo: What are playing at, you old rat?

Seungi shrugs nonchalantly.

Seungi: You're one of the only people who really knows what had happened in that accident.

Il Woo: I won't do it. We all promised not to say a word about that day!

The elder man chuckled as he gestures for Hanbin to leave the room. The younger bowed, and hesitates for a bit as he glances at Il Woo before excusing himself.

Seungi waited for his son to close the door before shifting his attention back towards Il Woo.

Seungi: I heard that you and your family are faring pretty well these days Il Woo. Your son is 9 years old now?

Il Woo: Don't you dare lay a finger on my family!

Seungi smirks devilishly as he leans back in his chair.

Seungi: What I need from you is simple Il Woo. I just want you to reveal the story behind the accident that had caused her parents' death.

Il Woo: You know I can't do that! I—

Seungi: I have a solution to your predicament Il Woo. The story will not be including your involvement in that accident.

Il Woo shakes his head as he collapses his knees.

Il Woo: I've committed so much sins in my life, especially towards the Kims. Kim Seung Hyun had been one of my closest friends, and yet I've played a part in turning his daughter into an orphan! We lied to her all this time, and now you want me to tell her that her parents' death wasn't just an accident after 4 years?!