The Smile In Your Eyes (Sneak Peak)

December 24, 2000

It was Christmas Eve, the two Kim families, along with the Manoban family were enjoying a quiet dinner in one of the Manoban's residence.

While the adults were happily chattering about their latest business investments, Lisa, Jisoo, and Jennie had quietly snuck outside to play in the snow.

Jennie: Come catch me you guys!

Lisa: Is that a challenge Jennie Kim?

Jisoo: What do think we should do Lalisa? Should we show Princess Jendeukie that it's not okay to mess with the Lisoo duo?

Lisa releases a laugh.

Lisa: You don't know what you're asking for Jennie!

Jennie giggles as she picks up a snowball and aims it at Lisa's face. However, the ball had somehow curved midway and flew into Jisoo's face instead.

The two younger girls burst into laughter as they stared at Jisoo's bewildered expression.

The older girl smirked playfully before picking up her own snowball and threw it at Jennie. Lisa followed suite and began hurling a snowball at Jisoo as well.

Soon, the three friends were caught up in an invigorating snowball fight. They were making such a commotion that it had notified their parents from the inside.

The girls' parents shared a knowing look before Sandara (Jisoo's mom) asked Joohyun (Irene), Jisoo's older sister, to bring the younger girls inside.

Irene: You kids are always causing trouble. Hurry up and come in before you all get sick.

Jisoo: But Unnie~, we're having so much fun.

Irene shook her head.

Irene: Don't use your aegyo on me Kim Jisoo. It's not gonna work this time, the grownups want you all to come in.

Jennie: Aww man.

Lisa: No fair.

The three girls dropped the snowballs in their hands and begrudgingly trudged back towards the house.

As soon as they had set foot inside, they were quickly wrapped up in blankets by their parents and hurried towards the fireplace.

Chitthip (Lisa's mom): Aigoo, you kids are always so naughty. You could've gotten a cold!

Chaerin (Jennie's mom): Who's idea was it? When will you kids ever listen?

Jennie fiddled with her fingers, afraid to admit that she was the one who had suggested that they all went out into the snow to play.

Not wanting Jennie to get scolded, Jisoo decided to take the blame.

Jisoo: It was my idea Eomma-nim. I told Lisa and Jennie to come with me because I wanted to play in the snow.

Sandara frowned at her daughter as she was wiping the snow off the younger's head.

Sandara: Jisoo~ you could've gotten yourself, as well as Lisa and Jennie sick.

Jennie: It wasn't Jisoo—

Jisoo: I'm sorry Eomma. It won't happen again.

Jisoo shook her head, assuring Jennie that it was alright. Tears started to form in the younger's eyes, but nonetheless she remained quiet.