Chapter 31

The next morning, Jisoo had woken up to the smell of something cooking. Rubbing her tired eyes, she groggily glances at the clock.

'9:07 am'

Getting out of bed, Jisoo stretched out her limbs before going to wash up. As Jisoo washed her face, she couldn't help but think back to yesterday's events.

She wanted to take everything back. But how could she? She had messed up everything. Jennie probably hates her even more than she did before now. Jisoo leans over as she splashes some more water in her face.

Why couldn't she just control her stupid emotions?

Shaking her head to clear away her thoughts, Jisoo dried up her face. She walks over towards her desk and grabbed her anti-rejection medicine. After gulping it down, she took a glance at the door, wondering if whether she should stay in her room or head downstairs.

After debating over her options, Jisoo decided to go with the latter.

Jisoo walks into the kitchen to find Jennie cooking breakfast. Confused by the younger's actions, Jisoo quietly took a seat at the table as she continues to stare at Jennie.

Finishing up with the eggs, Jennie turns around to place them on the plate, and was startled to find that Jisoo was sitting at the dining table,

Jennie: Wow, you're up. When did you come down?

Jisoo: Not long.

Jennie nodded.

Jennie: Did you rest well?

Jisoo: Yeah.

Jennie: That's good.

Jisoo stays silent as she tries to figure out the reason behind Jennie's odd behavior. The latter was acting as if last night's events had never happened.

Jennie: I made breakfast.

Jisoo looks up as Jennie sets down a plate in front of her.

Jisoo: Thanks.

Jennie smiles as she sits down in her seat. Jisoo took a glance at the younger's leg and shot her a disapproving look.

Jisoo: You shouldn't be moving around when your leg is in a cast Jennie. What if you trip and fall? Or hit it against something? I told you to be careful.

Jennie: It's fine Jisoo. It wasn't even that hard.

Jisoo shook her head.

Jisoo: Still. I don't want you to cook anymore until you've fully recovered.

Jennie: Okay fine. Just eat your breakfast.

Jisoo sneaked a glance at Jennie and saw that the latter had already started eating her breakfast. Jisoo was dumbfounded. Did Jennie really forget about the kiss, or was it that she didn't care?

Or what if everything had been a part of Jisoo's imagination? Maybe it had all been a dream because she had missed Jennie so much?

Jennie: Jisoo!

Jennie's voice brought Jisoo out of her thoughts as she focused her attention back on the latter.

Jisoo: Yeah?

Jennie: Are you okay?

Jisoo: Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?

Jennie nodded before continuing to eat her breakfast. Jisoo clears her throat.

Jisoo: Are you... not mad at me?

Jennie: Why would I be?

Jisoo stunningly stares at the younger girl.