Chapter 27

Lisa grabbed ahold of the handle and pulls the door open.

She steps inside the eerily silent room. The only sound that can be heard was the steady beeping of the heart monitor.

At the center of the room was a still a unconscious Jisoo, and seated by her bedside were Chaeyoung and Suho. Changmin who had also been in the room, had already left to go check on his patients.

Both Suho and Chaeyoung turn over to look at Lisa as she steps inside.

Giving a light smile, she goes to sit down by her girlfriend.

Lisa: How is she?

Chaeyoung: Still the same.

Suho reaches for Jisoo's hand and takes ahold of it.

Suho: I wish she would just wake up.

Lisa: Jennie woke up.

Chaeyoung turns to look at Lisa.

Chaeyoung: Is she okay?

Lisa nods.

Lisa: The Doctor said that she'll need to stay in the hospital for a week or so, so that they can monitor her condition as her breathing returns to normal.

Chaeyoung: That's good to hear.

Chaeyoung sighs and turns back to look at her pitiful friend. Jisoo can never seem to catch a break in her life.

Lisa clears her throat nervously.

Lisa: Um... so uh... Jennie is looking for Jisoo.

Chaeyoung: What?

Lisa: She remembers that Jisoo had saved her and asked me where she was.

Suho: And what did you say?

Lisa: That Jisoo was resting. But then she was trying to get out of bed and wouldn't stop until I told her that I'd go check to see if Jisoo was awake...

Suho massages his temples as he shares a glance with Chaeyoung, who was fuming with anger.

The younger girl took in a deep breath to calm herself down before replying to Lisa.

Chaeyoung: Why didn't you tell her that Jisoo unnie is on a business trip?

Lisa: I know I'm stupid. But she was trying to take off her oxygen mask, and the doctor said not to, and so I panicked...

Chaeyoung ran a hand through her hair.

Chaeyoung: We have to tell her something because Jisoo unnie is currently in no condition to see her.

Lisa: What do you expect me to tell her Rosé?

Chaeyoung: I don't know Lisa. Tell her that she's not welcome here.

Lisa stares wide eyed at her girlfriend's emotionless face.

Lisa: What's gotten into you Chaeyoung-ah? All Jennie wants, is to see for herself that Jisoo is okay.

Chaeyoung: Well does she look okay Lisa? The reason she's here is because of Jennie.

Lisa: You're being unreasonable Chaeyoung. It wasn't Jennie's fault that the fire had started.

Chaeyoung: I'm being unreasonable? Then tell me Lalisa. Jennie has never cared about Jisoo at all for the past 4 years, she's never payed her any attention ever since they got married, and now she's suddenly worried about her?