"How many times do I have to tell you?"

"And how many times do I have to tell YOU, that I don't give a damn!"

I felt guilty because Rosario was defending me and I had just kicked her out my room.

"He's going to do it, Rosario! Whether you like it or not!"

I heard the door slam.

I cracked open my room door and saw Oscar walk out the house. I got out of my room and pressed my ear against the door. I could hear Rosario crying on the other side.

"Rosario," I cracked open the door. "Rosario?" She sat there on the bed with her head in her hands. She looked up at me sniffling.

"I'm sorry," she cried. "I-I..."

"Hey, it's okay." I rushed over to her.

"You didn't do anything wrong."

-

*Rosario's POV

"The Prophets are shit. They want to exterminate us 'cause they fear us. And they should," I stood there silently at the doorway as Oscar shaved Cesar's head. "We're the future, Lil' Spooky. This is our hood. I know you question what you did. But you did what had to be done. You handled your shit. You ensured your future. I'm proud of you. We're proud of you," My stomach churned as I listened to the stuff Oscar was saying.

"You're a Santo," Oscar gripped his brother's shoulders.

Cesar turned his head to the other side and threw up.

"Oh god," I turned my head at the sight but walked into his room anyways. "Come on, papas." I rubbed his bare back as he continued to throw up. I looked up at Oscar who merely just threw the clippers on the bed and walked out the room without saying another word.

Ever since the fight we had, we hadn't been talking.

"Come on, Cesar." I whispered. "You have to start getting ready. We're going to be late for Olivia's quince." Cesar let out a heavy breath nodding. I sighed as Cesar got up from the chair and grabbed his tux that was hanging in his closet.

Today was Olivia's quince and my mom was up early and already at the Martinez house so she could do Olivia's hair. I told her to catch a ride with Ruby's family because I had some business I had to handle before the church ceremony.

I walked over to the kitchen and opened up the sink cabinet and grabbed some cleaning supplies to clean up Cesar's mess. I grabbed the gloves, trash bags, and spray before shutting the cabinet and grabbing some napkins off the counter and making my way back to Cesar's room.

I pulled on the gloves and hiked up my dress before getting on my knees to clean up Cesar's vomit.

^dress

^dress

I had thrown the used napkins away into the trash bag and now I was just spraying the carpet down and trying to scrub out the stench.