18

Beyoncé's POV

"Beyoncé Giselle is that you?!" Nicki said as she walked into Beyoncé's office.

"Your bitch is off bed rest!" I said excitedly. After two weeks, I went back to Dr. Montgomery and she said that the condition seemed to have improved. I haven't had any more bleeding or pain so she said that I can come off bed rest, but still take it easy as much as possible. I couldn't be more relieved, if I had to spend one more day in that bed I was gonna lose it.

"Yas bitch, yas!"

I laughed at Nicki's craziness, "Alright, you ready to go to this meeting?" I asked, getting up from my desk.

"Ugh all I know is there better be some free food," Nicki said rolling her eyes. 

"I know that's right," we  both laughed. 

We headed out of the office and I went towards the stairs. "Un uh girl, elevator," Nicki said, pointing to the elevator.

"Ugh, right," I groaned. It's so hard for me to be sitting still and resting all the time but luckily I always have people around me to remind me. 

We got off the elevator and went into the meeting, much to Nicki's happiness, there was a table with pastries on it so at least we had food to get us through this three hour meeting. 

---

"Okay, that wasn't as boring as I thought it would be," I said to Nicki as we got up.

"I had my mini muffins so I was good," Nicki agreed.

"Fat ass," I laughed and she rolled her eyes.

"Excuse me, Beyoncé," one of the nurses said to me nervously in the hallway. 

"Yes, Samantha?"

"Your daughter is in the ER."

I rubbed my hand over my face, "Gotta be fucking kidding me," I said under my breath. "Which one?" 

"Skai," she answered.

"Ok, thanks Samantha."

"She didn't text you or anything?" Nicki asked as we turned around to go to the ER.

"No, so it must not be too urgent. I'm just sick of it always being my family in the damn ER," I laughed.

Nicki laughed, "Yeah you are some frequent flyers."

--

Earlier that Day Skai's POV

"Ugh it's fucking hot," I said to myself as I stepped out of the subway station. Being almost 30 weeks pregnant in August is torture. I don't think that's what they meant when they said #hotgirlsummer.

It was super hot and humid and I couldn't wait to get inside the air-conditioned Roc Nation building, which was only two blocks away, but I still stopped to get an iced tea on my way. 

I was meeting Brandon to go out for lunch during his lunch break because it's my day off from work and I'm bored out of my mind. 

I smiled with relief as I walked into the building and I felt the cool breeze of the AC on my face. 

"Hello Ms. Knowles-Carter, how are you today?" the receptionist asked.

"I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm fine, thank you for asking. You're free to go upstairs."

I nodded, "Thank you." 

After stopping by my dad's office to say hi, I went over to Brandon's office. When I opened the door I dropped my iced tea to the ground at the sight of Kylie kissing Brandon.