3

Skai's POV 1 month later 

It's been a month since Jayson and I talked and he's been doing a little better, with communicating with me and stuff. He's still partying way too much and he's not back to who he used to be, but things are better, so that's good, right?

I've honestly been partying way too much too just to spend time with him, which is all fun until I'm hungover and up until 4 am working on assignments that I forgot about. 

I conclusion, I need to get my life back together again. 

I felt my phone buzz and looked down to see that it was Jayson.

Jayson: You comin out tonite?

Skai: No i gotta study 🙁

Jayson:

I rolled my eyes and locked my phone. He's so irritating. I swear it feels like the only time he shows me any type of affection is when he's drunk or high. 

Whatever, I decided not to dwell on it too much because tonight I'm get to see my baby siblings and nothing makes me happier than that. I'm babysitting them tonight while my parents go out on a date, so hopefully I'll be able to play with them for a bit then they'll go to sleep and I can study. 

--

Beyoncé's POV

Skai was keeping Marisa and Malcolm occupied and getting their dinner ready while I got ready so I didn't have to worry about them destroying my house or anything

I smiled in the mirror, satisfied with the outfit that I picked out. Tonight wasn't a special occasion or anything, just the first date night that Shawn and I have had for a while. Things have been so busy with my job and his job and the twins, so I'm looking forward to just have some time for the two of us. 

I grabbed my sunglasses and purse and headed downstairs. 

"He's not home yet?" I said as I walked downstairs and didn't see any traces of Shawn. 

Skai shook her head, "Not yet."

I looked at my phone and saw that it was 6:50, ten minutes before we were supposed to be leaving. 

As if he could read my mind a text from Shawn showed up on my phone, "Sorry I'm running late, I'll be home in 10."

I rolled my eyes but just sent back a 👌🏽emoji to not be petty. 

"What's going on with him?" Skai asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

"I don't know," she shrugged, "it just seems like every time I'm over here he's not here, or he's gonna be here but he's running late."