2

Skai's POV

Text to Zendaya: You home?

Zendaya: Yeah, was gonna go out but decided to stay home and binge watch Scandal instead 🤷🏽‍♀️

Skai: 😂😂 good i need to rant 

Zendaya: What he do this time 😒

Skai: I'll tell u went i get there 🙄

I got home and slammed the door angrily and dropped my purse and shoes on the floor. I'll clean up after myself later. 

When Zendaya heard me she paused Netflix and scooted over to make room on the couch. 

"Alright, sit down tell me what happened," she said handing me the pint of Ben and Jerry's she was eating out of. 

I ate a spoonful and handed it back to her. 

"I'm gonna hurt this boy....so he texts me and he's all 'come over I miss you,' so obviously my dumb ass jumped at the chance to go see him, and when I get there he's throwing a fucking house party. There was all kinds of people there I've never seen before and he was drunk and was acting like he didn't do anything wrong. I was like really, you can't be bothered to answer a text message from your fucking girlfriend for three days but you can have the whole world over to get drunk and smoke weed? Here I was thinking he was mourning the loss of his mama but really he's just too busy partying to keep in contact with me I guess." 

"Damn, Skai, what an asshole, what did you say?" she asked before taking a bite of ice cream.

I shook my head, "Nothing much, I mean I told him off a little bit but I was too angry and confused to really get the words out. This is just so unlike him."

"Going through hard shit can bring out the worst in people sometimes, I'm sorry girl."

I nodded, "I know, it's ok. Ugh, I don't wanna think about him anymore."

She put her arm around me and gave me a hug and then we watched the rest of the season of Scandal before I decided to finally go to sleep.

---

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my phone vibrating non-stop. I slowly opened by eyes and saw that it was 9 o'clock, not too early but I was up til 4 am watching Netflix so it felt much earlier.

I picked up my phone to see that it was Jayson blowing up my phone.

Jayson: Hey

Jayson: Skai I'm sorry pls don't be mad at me 

Jayson: Hello?

Jayson: I know I fucked up I just wanna talk 

Jayson: Can you meet me for breakfast this morning?

I rolled my eyes and sat up to get out of bed. I walked out of my room into our living room/kitchen area where I saw Zendaya pouring a bowl of cereal.

"What are you doing up so early?" I asked. 

"I got work at 10."

I nodded. "Look what Jayson texted me, what should I do?" I handed her my phone. 

She read the messages and looked up at me, "Honestly, I think you should go hear it out. Don't be too hard on him." 

"What happened to, 'he's an asshole?'"

"He was, but he's going through a lot, he's allowed to fuck up a little. I think as long as he apologizes and tries to do better you should forgive him, but that's just my opinion."

I nodded, "Yeah, you're probably right. I'll go and see what he has to say.

---

I walked over to the diner that we agreed to meet at and Jayson was sitting outside

I walked over to the diner that we agreed to meet at and Jayson was sitting outside. He gave me a weak smile, which I returned, and then he got up and opened the door for me. We were sat by the hostess and sat in silence looking at the menus. 

The waitress came over to take our order after what felt like an eternity and then we were left to talk. 

"So I just wanna say I'm sorry if how I acted last night upset you," he said. 

I chuckled lightly, "Jayson, how do you not understand what is it I'm upset about?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, "What are you upset about?"

I rolled my eyes. "It's not the fact that you had a party, or got drunk, or whatever. I know it's not my favorite scene but I've gone to parties and gotten drunk with you before, I don't care. What I care about is that you blew me off for three days...three days I didn't hear from you and I was worried about you...only to find out that you're having the time of your life with these strangers and didn't even think to invite me to your house party until it was already happening."

He nodded, "I get that, and I'm sorry I guess I don't really have an excuse. Ever since everything happened with my mom I've just been partying a lot and I thought you'd be mad or disappointed or something, so I've just been ignoring you."

"Look, if you feel like what you need right now is to party and whatever then that's fine, you do you. But just know that I have to do me too."

"What does that me, are you breaking up with me?"

"Nope, I'm just saying that I deserve respect and if you're gonna continue to ignore me and disrespect me that's not gonna work."

"Skai, I love you, and I'm not gonna take you for granted anymore, okay?"

I smiled, "Okay."

--

Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment. 

Do you think Jayson will keep his word?