Chapter 41: On the Run!

Bruno asked, "And who are these four assassins?" The four of them revealed their faces as a response, and it was none other than Michael, Andrew, Chantel, and Aubrey! Bruno was spellbound to see that Brunia's companions lent in hand too. Bruno's expression suddenly faltered as she mentioned, "Guys if we have eloped looking for Brunia, then there's no point." Licha questioned, "What is that supposed to mean? Smerdria said that Brunie absconded, do you have anything to add onto that?" Bruno started weeping and revealed, "Brunia is dead! Sennett told me that she was the one who burned her down at the storage unit! Even if the news said so, I didn't believe it until she told me herself! So I guess that all of this is for nothing." Leonora asked with a reassuring smile, "Bruno, are you aware that why am I the true heir of the power that originally belonged to Khan's daughter?" Bruno answered, "Because Brunia loves you the most in this world and the power is too strong to be broken irrespective of the distance." Leonora continued, "That is correct! If you think that if I knew that my dearest sister was dead, don't you think that I will be super-crazy-sad right now? I know that she is alive, that feeling within me is too strong to be denied." Leonhard added, "And besides, other than eloping and planning to get you and Brunia married, we have plans of our own."

Ludwig spoke, "First, we are going to prove that Sennett has committed the crime of kidnapping a royal and burning her to death. Once we find proof, we are going to convince the police force to reinforce the law, and we need to persuade the King and Queen to cut off all relations with the Ringelstein kingdom for the benefit of all people. Your Highnesses, you all must know that Princess Sennett is an evil person. I overheard her conversation of planning to attempt an assassination of all the royal members of Granzreich, which included all of you except Prince Bruno. Her goal was to seize the kingdom of Granzreich and join it with Ringelstein; the neighboring country to expand and create a colossal nation that would dominate the world!" Bruno questioned, "Ludwig, but don't you think that after we're all done, we need to come back?" Kaira asked, "Bruno, do you want to go back where all this mess of us being each other's siblings commenced?" Bruno replied, "No, this whole fiasco of our parents getting married, I'm really shaking, and I'm not ready to go back. After all this, I'm not sure if I want to continue being a candidate for the throne."

Michael reminded, "Good because we do not intend to turn back. We're on the run, Brunia's out there; you guys asked for our help, and we agreed for a reason. We have a mission of our own that we need your help with." Andrew added, "The four of us wish to secure jobs in the kingdom of Ofdain; if we successfully capture Sennett we can request the police force to reward us the jobs of the palace staff in different areas of need." Chantel continued, "So we were hoping that you could teach us the history of the kingdom and send us to different places to dig out information, Bruno. This is because we need to know the whereabouts of the kingdom if we want the King and Queen to be impressed with us." Aubrey mentioned, "These jobs aren't permanent. We all have aspirations of our own. Chantel and I want to become an interior designer, but we'll have to work as assistant chefs in the kitchen. Michael wishes to have enough money to graduate from a dignified institution to become an astrophysicist by being the palace janitor, whereas Andrew wants to be an engineer by serving as the palace plumber." Leonhard asked, "Why are you guys doing such menial jobs to get what you want?"

Chantel answered, "Because Prince Leonhard, we are the common man. We don't have private bathrooms or fancy halls or manservants to serve breakfast, do the laundry or clean up your toilets. You are born into royalty, it is a gift given by God that has no contribution from you, don't take advantage of your station; use it to benefit and improve the lives of your citizens. We chose to be on the run because we didn't want to live life like that of helpless orphans anymore. We don't like to be reminded that our parents abandoned us, we want to live freely; with spirit and follow our ambitions. Professor Heidi was an excellent educator, she was the best there ever was. She taught us how to broaden our horizons and look for the best in life's lessons, but now we're growing up. Our aspirations require more of a professional nurturing."