Chapter 27: Welcome to Orosz!

At the day of departure, all the Princes and Princesses gathered at the palace porch to exchange their goodbyes to Prince Bruno and Princess Brunia, who were leaving for Orosz to better themselves as candidates for their respective royal thrones. The King and Queen proposed that Ludwig and Oliver serve as their guards for the excursion. They couldn't make it to the porch to exchange their goodbyes as they were preoccupied with crucial preparations for the upcoming royal ball.

The Professors observed Oliver with his luggage for the trip as they walked over to him to discuss something. Professor Heine said, "Prince Kabir, take care of the Princess, and I request you to keep their safety at the top of your sleeve." Kabir nodded with approval and replied, "I promise that I won't let anything to happen to her." Professor Heidi instructed, "Now, this trip is your chance to converse with her and make an attempt to resolve your problems peacefully." Kabir responded, "Yes, I will do my best to sort things out, and again, thank you for granting me this post." At that moment, Bruno called out, "Oliver, time to go!" Kabir left the area after everyone exchanged their goodbyes and departed the palace gates in the carriage rattling down the road in no time.

At their arrival at Orosz, the four of them checked into the ultra-luxurious and prestigious Grand Hotel Of Orosz. Prince Bruno and Ludwig occupied one room whereas Princess Brunia and Oliver obtained the adjacent one. Since the rooms were interconnected, communication was not an issue. The first day of their arrival concluded with a grand welcome from the mayor and the citizens, as well as the interviews from the newspapers. Since it was Princess Brunia's first time there, she was given more attention.

The beginning of the following day commenced with Prince Bruno's and Princess Brunia's individual studies under their respective fields of interests and Doctors. Doctor Dmitri was the authority of sociology whereas Doctor Dmitria was the head of the orthopedics department; both teaching in the university of Orosz. Since it was Bruno's second visit to Orosz for his further studies in his field of interest, he was partnered up for a project with Princess Sennett Von Ringelstein who was also continuing her second year of education under Doctor Dmitri in the same area. After a few days of studying together, Doctor Dmitri suggested that they both should visit the Orosz national opera house and build a report on the acts portrayed on stage.

At the end of the day, Prince Bruno, Princess Brunia, Oliver, and Ludwig assembled together at the hotel room for dinner after a long tiring day. Bruno asked, "Brunia, how was your first official day with your studies under Doctor Dmitria?" Brunia replied, "Well... it was an illuminating and worthwhile experience, of course!" Oliver added, "I'm glad you found it worthwhile; whereas I'm furious at her for treating me as an errand boy!" Ludwig commented, "I know, right! When Prince Bruno first arrived here, he treated me the same way! And when I told him that I'm his bodyguard, he's like, 'Why not? Your hands look idle of me! As a guard, you must have strong knees, yes?'" As a response, Brunia and Oliver started laughing with tears in their eyes. Brunia remarked, "My god, Ludwig! I love your mimicry of the Doctor!"

After eating, Bruno mentioned, "Oh Brunia, one more thing, I'm sorry, but I won't be able to show you around the city tomorrow." Brunia asked, "Why? I thought that you cleared up your schedule with Doctor Dmitri tomorrow; anything important popped up?" Oliver asked, "Hey, Ludwig! Since you know the whereabouts of this hotel, would you please kindly show me where the ice machine is?" Ludwig responded, "Of course! We will be right back, Your Highnesses." As they exited the room, Bruno explained, "Doctor Dmitri has assigned me a partner from Ringelstein to pay a visit to the local opera house and gather information to formulate a report on the local culture and tradition portrayed by the actors on stage."

Brunia commented, "Wow; That's interesting! What's your partner's first name?" Bruno replied, "Sennett." Brunia raised an eyebrow and inquired, "That's weird. This person sounds like a woman." Bruno clarified, "She is a Princess of her realm, of course." As a response, Brunia lost her composure and shouted, "Oh, really now!? You keep nagging Licht about going out with girls when you're doing the same! YOU'RE ARE JUST AS IRRESPONSIBLE AS HE IS!" Bruno's expression faltered as he yelled, "How dare you!? That's what you think of me!? You apprehend that going to the opera house with a female schoolmate is considered as a date!? And is you believe that I have my eyes on her then how about the fact that you're eyes lingered on the new royal guard when he arrived?!" Brunia's eyes widened with shock and pain spread across her face.

After a long moment of awkward silence, Brunia spoke with tears in her eyes while walking towards the door, "That's it! I'm going to find another place to sleep tonight!" Bruno whirled around inquiring in worry, "Where in the devil do you think you're going!?" Brunia yelled, "I go anywhere I want, and it's none of your business! I hope you enjoy your date!" Bruno screamed, "FOR THE LAST TIME IT'S NOT A DATE!" Brunia replied sarcastically, "You're right! She's going to be your lover for all I care!" As she opened the door, Ludwig and Oliver slumped on her as they were leaning on the door listening to that exchange! Brunia left the room without another word, and the three boys slept without conversing about the transaction. Not as a guard, but as an eminent person of her past, Kabir speculated that leaving Brunia alone was the best at that moment.

Brunia hastily departed from the hotel and convened in the thunderous and crashing torrent on the highest hill of Orosz. Suddenly, Smerdria appeared in the scene and asked, "What in the blazes are you doing here?!" Brunia scoffed, "Please Smerdria, not in a mood to deal with your harsh attitude. No offense." Smerdria placed herself beside Brunia and replied, "None taken. I was mean to you before; if you need a place to reside for the night you can join me, you know." Brunia asked, "Why would you offer me a place to stay in the middle of the night?" Smerdria answered, "I don't know what custom is followed in Cumsta, but in Orosz, we propose a place to reside when a person is sitting in this torment rain outside the house." Brunia whimpered, "Oh, I see. I thought you didn't care much for me. So you really hate me, do you?" A look of surprise was spread across Smerdria's face. As a response, Brunia quickly added, "Oh no, it's okay! I'm well aware that there are people who dislike royals; who find them repugnant."

Smerdria placed her hand on Brunia's shoulder and spoke, "I am the firstborn daughter. My parents and grandparents are chefs; the family business is well-established and prestigious. I was supposed to take over, but I refused since my dream was to be a Doctor. I broke all relations with my parents by running away in the middle of the dead night without informing them. My family didn't even make an attempt to find me, given that I left a goodbye letter on my mother's nightstand, which was extremely grievous for them to read. Your dream was to follow in your mother's footsteps, so we are polar opposites. Looking at you, made me feel more frustrated about why I didn't try to resolve the circumstances between my parents and persuade them to encourage me in my goals. Truthfully, I got furious and started treating you harshly, I'm incredibly sorry."

Brunia smiled and responded, "Wow, I didn't understand what you were going through. But as long as you don't hate me, I'm fine." Smerdria blurted, "That's certainly not the case... your writing is too wonderful to--" She quickly covered her mouth with embarrassment and a shade of pink spread across her cheeks. Brunia noticed her reaction and extended her hand, saying, "Hehe! I propose that we start over. As schoolmates studying under the same Professor, I am pleased to be working with you." Smerdria suggested, "Do you want to stay here or finally enter my residence?" They shared a laugh and then fell into a deep slumber within a few minutes.