Chapter 35: Getting Ready!

"BRUNIA! GET UP! WE HAVE TO GET READY. IT'S ONE O'CLOCK!" screamed Michael while he was attempting to rouse her. Chantel entered the living room and asked, "Why are you screaming like that, Michael? Your girlfriend is going to throw hissy fits if she isn't dressed up in the 'NOBLE' way!" Michael shouted, "Welcome to the real world, Chantel. My girlfriend thinks that we're going to the ball. You and your boyfriend/my best friend believe that you're going to the ball. But hello! News flash! We can't go to that event until the studious third daughter of the Vermillion kingdom doesn't get up!" Chantel placed her hand on his shoulder and consoled him by saying, "Now now, you need not throw a temper tantrum. There must be another way of how we can sort this out." Michael yelled, "Yeah, but we better make it quick! The ball commences at seven, and it takes five hours via carriage to go there, so that means that we only have an hour to get ready!"

Andrew arrived at the scene after hearing the whole conversation with a bat. Chantel asked, "Honey, what are you planning to do?" Andrew replied, "I like it when you call me 'honey.' Anyhoo, I'm going to hit Brunia with a baseball ball to wake up as I figured that since we used wa--" Andrew was interrupted by Brunia shrieking in her sleep, "AHHHHHH!!!!! WHERE DID YOU GO, LICHA!!!!??? THIS IS ALL MY FAULT WHY CAN'T I BE A BETTER SIBLING?! AHHHHHH!!!" While Brunia continued squawking, Chantel inquired, "Are either of you going to set her straight or should I?" Andrew responded, "Don't worry, I got this!" And lifted up his bat and then hit Brunia several times for her to snap out of whatever she was dreaming. Brunia woke up with a startle and yelled, "WHAT IN THE DEVIL ARE YOU DOING!?" Chantel reminded, "Oh, I don't know... perhaps fulfilling the favor you requested out of us! Now, let's go, Princess!" Michael affirmed, "Chantal, I don't want this Princess leaving your room until you and Aubrey finish her makeup and she emerges as a star! Andrew and I will then comment and then you guys and move on to shoes and dresses. And then only, the rest of us can get ready!" Chantel responded, "YES, SIR!" and then went to her chambers to start off with her miracle work with Aubrey.

An hour later, everyone was all set to leave Cumsta. Before leaving, Aubrey inquired, "Umm... hey Brunia, we did score the invitations to the ball, but I'm sure that commoners/orphan kids like us aren't even permitted to enter the palace gates. So my question is, how do we get in?" Brunia answered, "Well... so here's the thing; everyone back at home thinks that I went to Orosz to do a report and take care of a university department for a day... that's how I got here. I instructed the carriage driver to pick us up at your residence and then pretend and if he was in Orosz the whole with me. And you guys are my colleagues from work. However, we all know that the King of Granzreich has seen us together, so just try to stay under his nose while you can." Andrew responded, "Sure, after that ghost incident you narrated to us, we must be super cautious on the palace grounds and not do anything crazy." Michael added, "Speaking of which, am I at least allowed to dance with my girlfriend in this event?" Brunia raised an eyebrow and answered, "What you do think, I'm taking you to an isolated prison? Of course! That's the primary purpose why I'm bringing you; to enjoy and relish this time of your lives but with caution."

Brunia looked around and saw the carriage approaching, and she asked, "Any last questions before we go?" Chantel inquired, "Well... umm... Brunia... I know that you have a new boyfriend and that you have clearly moved on, but I somehow need to ask this. Is Kabir and his family attending the royal ball? I'm sure you have looked into it while attempting to get us invitations." after a long moment of silence, Brunia took a deep breath and replied, "Well... you know me too know that I can't even lie to you. Yes, I did look into it. Unfortunately, the King and Queen didn't invite the Rathanlandia family because, as you all are aware, Kabir's father passed away recently, and the kingdom's protocol states that the royal family cannot attend any celebration or events until the Prince's coordination after a month from now. Everyone close to him needs their time to grieve."

Aubrey placed her hand on Brunia's shoulder and said, "He was a good man, and a loving father to all of us, not just Kabir. He took care of the orphanage with such dedication and love for the children. I hope that after the business passes onto Kabir, he would do the same." Brunia responded, "I know he will. Now, since our ride is here, we shall ride the night away, shall we guys?" Andrew squealed, "Well... I have been waiting for this ever since I found out that our best friend Brunia has turned into a princess overnight! YAY!" Everyone ascended the carriage, and then the vehicle went down rattling on the roads of Cumsta and made its way to Granzreich within a few hours. Only time could tell what the royal ball awaited for everyone who attended.

In the meanwhile, at the Granzreich palace, Prince Eins and Count Ernest Rosenberg descended their carriage and proceeded to the main banquet hall where the royal event was held. There, he met up with Princess Eina and Countess Ernia Rosenthal who were conversing with one another. Prince Eins spoke, "Princess Eina, how lovely to see you again." Princess Eina performed a courtesy and then responded, "Yes, the pleasure is all mine, Prince. I trust that you and the count have been well." Count Rosenberg replied with a smile, "Absolutely. You know, Your Highness, I have a good feeling about this ball." Countess Rosenthal added with a mischievous grin, "Yes, since only the four of us who what is the ultimate purpose behind this." Count Rosenberg questioned, "Princess Eina, if I may, I wanted to ask you, do you support the King and Queen on the decision they have made on this particular matter?" Princess Eina responded, "Well... I must admit, when I received the news, I was quite surprised, but I suppose they have had their reasons and we must respect that." Prince Eins commented, "What a mature attitude my lady! I believe that is why the King and Queen confessed us that-- whisper whisper whisper..." Both the Professors stood behind the pillar and perceived the real reason of why this event was organized in the first place. They both glanced at each other with horror when they found out the mystery. Professor Heine remarked in panic, "Good God! This is not good, and it couldn't get any worse for any of us." Professor Heidi added, "Only time can tell how well the younger Princes and Princesses react when they found out about this. I do not support the King and Queen in this cause of theirs." Professor Heine responded, "And neither do I!"