Chapter 2: Princess Interview 1

*IN HEIDI'S JOURNAL*

"The fourth princess, Leonora Von Vermillion, 15 years old. Her reputation of the most beautiful girl in the Western Continent has earned her the moniker, "The Pink Lotus of Vermillion." She is humble and kind to everyone who crosses her path and never boasts about her appearance."

"Well

"Well... as the axiom goes, one must never believe what they read... as I have discovered that Princess Leonora is the Everest-Proud princess..." Heidi thought as she examined Leonora's face. Leonora looked at the Professor and yelled, "Stop staring at me! If there's something you want to say, then speak your mind. Now, I've allowed you into my bedroom, but that doesn't mean that I have accepted you as my imperial mentor." Heidi nodded as a sign of approval and understanding the princess's point.

"The purpose of this interview is to assess the princess's natural temperament, and the secondary goal is to measure her academic level by a simple competency test. I doubt she would obey me if I directly ask her, maybe I should start to get to know her a little better by chatting for some time." Heidi thought as she continued staring at Leonora's face. She took a deep breath and spoke, "Princess, since my arrival, it seems that you found me unpleasant, correct?" Leonora replied in arrogance, " Obviously! I already told you that I hate teachers!" Professor Heidi asked, "But is that your only reason?" Leonora got aggravated, and she screamed while slamming her hands on the table, "Shut up! I thought that I hated carrots and green bell peppers the most! But I was wrong! Because guess what I hate more than that! IMPERIAL MENTORS!!!!"

"Suddenly, I have been reduced to the same level as vegetables." Heidi thought as she heard Leonora screaming. Heidi raised an eyebrow and asked, "Princess, you dislike carrots and bell peppers?" Leonora covered her mouth as Heidi asked that question, showing her embarrassment. "Yes, very much," Leonora answered in a soft tone. Heidi responded, "I suppose that quite juvenile, yes?" Leonora boasted in confidence, disagreeing with Professor Heidi's statement by saying, "What?! I am 15 years old! I'm a magnificent adult! When I can't eat dinner, or I am in trouble, I'm patient until the evening to eat sachertorte, a dessert that tempts me tremendously! See? I am mature!" "Yes, my princess that is mature." Heidi said but completed the rest of the sentence in her mind, "--for a child."

Heidi continued, "You like cake, will you please tell me why you dislike teachers?" Leonora answered angrily, "Hmph. I don't deal with peasants, sir! Besides, you won't even understand!" Professor Heidi said, "Princess if I don't know the reason, then I cannot perform better. As a mentor, I believe that I want to build trust between me and y--" Leonora interrupted by saying, "I'd be a fool to trust someone like you!"

As the wind blew into the room through the open window, Leonora took a deep breath and decided to tell Heidi about why she felt hatred towards all imperial mentors. She spoke, "You want the truth? No teacher has genuinely given me attention, every single one of them has been pre-occupied with my mother's mood. They don't really care about how the student fares, or how we might feel. They just want to impress the Queen by saying complicated words and will not try to make me understand their teachings." Heidi thought, "I see. The princess has complex emotions because of her royal station." Leonora continued, "But most of all, I hate studying. Teachers make me study so; therefore, they are my mortal enemy!" Heidi cleared the misconception by thinking, "Strike that; the emotions aren't complex at all." Heidi inquired, "Whenever you're given a lesson, how do you usually respond?" Leonora answered, "I run away from all the lessons. Sometimes I sprint as fast as I can; whereas the other times, I flee on horseback."