♔︎|𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

“𝐕𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐯𝐚𝐢𝐧

“𝐕𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐯𝐚𝐢𝐧.”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
«𝐂 𝐔 𝐑 𝐒 𝐄 𝐃»
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Vincentius Dante

TOMORROW WAS the Bal Masque, the castle was illuminated magnificently. The gates were bejeweled with different sorts of jewels, the rubies that were engraved on the gates gave a sense of authority and threat which satisfied my taste. Just the way I wanted.

To the right and left, in the middle of each wall, a tall and broad window looked out upon the beautiful endless fields. These windows were of stained glass whose color varied by the prevailing hue of the decorations of the chamber into which it opened.

The flooring, as well as the windows, were delicately decorated, highlighting every designed detail. A red carpet was placed at the entrance that led to the main dining area where the ball was to be held.

"King?" One of the interior designers came to me and I nodded motioning him to continue. "I hope you're satisfied with the decorations. We've already decorated the whole castle at least seven times to make it look accurate. I hope that it matches your status now, King," he said with a hint of annoyance. I felt the designer mock and so I looked at him in the eyes.

"Are you complaining, Jonathan?'' I asked calmly. Even though my voice was calm but a hint of bitterness was lacing in my words which the designer was well aware of. "He-he, no King not, tt-his is my job, I l-love working h-here," the designer stuttered as sweat started to form on his forehead while he found difficulty in producing a proper statement.

"Good, Jonathan," I said and ordered him to leave. I hated such workers.

If it wasn't for my mother's happiness, I would've destroyed this pathetic excuse with just a snap of my fingers. Mother was extremely happy and just a smile on her face implied the whole world to me. I can do anything for my family and I will do it.

A light pat on my back made me turn around as mother stroked my cheek," Vincent, are you happy?" Mother asked with hope in her eyes as she looked up at me. This little ball insinuated nothing to me but I had to lie to my mother just to see her happy.

"Yes, Mother. I am," I said while looking behind her on one of the pillars that stood across the room.

I can't lie while looking in her eyes, my mother can read me like an open book. I never look at her longingly because I know she's going to read what's going around in my head and I don't want to let my walls down.

Mother nodded and with that, she kissed my cheek and went to the other side of the castle. I walked in the garden, I stood there and looked far away from where my eyes could sink in. I never wished for this life, I never wanted to be a king, I never wanted to stay hidden. I wanted a normal life, one that only gave rise to peace and happiness. I wanted to start a family, to meet my mate. But hiding like this crushed all my dreams, now I am left with only a kingdom to rule.

Tomorrow was the big day. The day I guess only I and my enemies were waiting for? Tomorrow will remake everything. When the clock will hit twelve, people will see me as their king. I can't wait to see their startling faces. A part of me does not want them to fear me. I want them to see me as their guardian, I want them to trust me.

But the fear that my father had brought is still raw in the people's heart, even though he is dead and disintegrating somewhere in the dungeon, my people still fear him. I want to erase that fear. Erase his sickening rule and image.

My father, Nicholas was a monster. He even looked like one, he treated everyone even his whole family like pests, like little ants which had no power to go against. He crushed us. But we revived and we've come out strong, stronger than ever and I will make sure my people also become strong.

▬▬▬▬♔︎▬▬▬▬ 

Bellamy Rose

I could not sleep the whole night. I was pacing here and there; I was bothered. I couldn't even think of a sensible reason for my anxiety, I had this strange funny sentiment dancing in my stomach of something that was about to originate. Something that might change everything perpetually. But I couldn't specify it. With each passing second, I felt weird, I felt different.

I got up from my bed and realized that the morning sun had already come- it's beams were coming in my room; the blinds couldn't stop them from coming. I guess today is the day, today every pack is going to the masquerade ball. The Royal wolf generals will arrive at our side at exactly six and from here the three-hour journey will begin. Sophia will send her driver at two o'clock so that I arrive at the castle and from there I'll get ready.

I got up from my bed and headed to the bathroom. I was surprised when I looked at myself in the mirror, due to lack of sleep, I had deep eye bags under my eyes and my eyes were bloodshot red. I washed my face with cold water to get rid of the puffiness. I splashed icy cool water on my face, after a few minutes I could see that the puffiness was going. I sighed in relaxation.

It was just nine in the morning. Papa was still asleep, I decided to go and make myself some pancakes along with some strong tea to get rid of the sleepiness. I sat at our little dining table and started eating the food, while I was eating I couldn't help but think about tonight's ball.

So many people will come. We'll finally see the mysterious royal family and the so-called king. I'm highly excited to see the royal palace and meet the family. While I was wondering, Papa came and sat across me. I offered him his breakfast which he happily took.

''You again had a sleepless night right?" Papa said with a look of worry on his face as he inspected mine.

I gave him a guilty smile and said," Yes papa, I don't know what's going on in my head."

"Tomorrow we are going to see the pack's doctor. I am very worried about you.'' Before I could protest Papa kept his index finger on his lips signaling not to argue. I sighed in defeat and nodded.

"Papa, have you seen the Royalty?"I asked him while tasting my pancakes. Papa looked at me and said, "No sweetheart, the royalty has always been discreet, no one has ever seen them."

I nodded, it was quite strange. But they are finally revealing themselves which I am excited about. And I can't wait to wear my dress today. I can't get enough of it.

▬▬▬▬♔︎▬▬▬▬ 

Chapter eleven!

Vote, comment & share

-blackburnfire ❤️