♔︎|𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

“𝐔𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲

“𝐔𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲.”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
«𝐂 𝐔 𝐑 𝐒 𝐄 𝐃»
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Vincentius Dante

I WAS IN misery for nearly four days; the pain was not leaving me. It shot up my body like fire, scorching every inch of my skin. It detonated in my head like a blaring noise with a blinding whiteness, one which couldn't even let me open my eyes. It made me dizzy, so unsteady that I felt like I'm going to slump at any moment.

The pain was like needles that were dipped in alcohol and had been jammed through my skin. Like my arms were superseded with ice blocks and electricity wired into my spine giving me electric shots every second. Slowly the anguish had faded into a dull irritation, the pain in my shoulders jot from immobility. The pain kept coming, when I felt as if it would finally go, it kept on coming back like a searing agony.

The pack doctors every once in while would come and assess me. Doctor Gerard knew my condition, this kind of pain lasted for at least a weak.

It would come back anytime and ruin my few moments of peace, the doctors had no scientific name for it but I knew what it was, it is my darkness. The darkness which was infested in me by my father; one that wanted dominance, to make me ruthless.

My siblings; Hernan, Genevieve and Lukas were sitting in my room. Regardless of how many times I told them to leave, they wouldn't't move a bulge. I felt like a kid being supervised.

"Hernandez, what's the update?" I asked my brother in pain.

"Vincent, we caught the wolves that attacked the Western borders. Turned out, they weren't normal wolves but experimented; those that were prone to the wolfsbane.

We further dug on this whole scenario and found out that these wolves ventured; which means that their genetic materials were forcefully changed, their capacities became strong. We couldn't catch the one, their leader but our men are hell-bent on persecuting the experimented wolves so that they can open their mouths and spit some sort of information," he explained to me.

Hernan was a miraculous genius. He was an expert when it came to such matters. Moreover, I was relieved to know that If I fall tomorrow, my brothers would rise.

As I was about to get up, I was forced down by a harsh push. I seethed in anger.

"That. Hurt," I said as I gritted my teeth in anger. "I am fine, Gen. I need to give important orders."

"I am sure they're important. But your health comes first. You are in no state to get up and walk around- you're fragile. Tell Lukas or Hernan, they would pass in your order," Genevieve said sternly as she sat back.

"Alert all the Alpha's. Tell them the threat is still lingering above our heads. Tighten the security on each side and impose a curfew; anyone out of their houses after 11pm would be arrested and if someone tries to defy my order, bring them to me."

Both of them heard my orders with full engagement and focus. As soon as I ended, both of them stood up and started making their way out.

▬▬▬▬♔︎▬▬▬▬ 

Bellamy Rose

I couldn't get over the weird manifestation that washed over me when I was at the forest.

I rendered a noise out of anger, unclear if it was a cry or a scream. "I'm done," I said to myself.

My mind was scrambled like a batch of eggs. What happened to me? I tried to remember today's morning but everything seemed to be so vivid. What caused this? How is this even possible? I've only seen something like this happen in movies, how one person just suddenly teleports to another destination.

Perhaps it's because I didn't sleep well last night. Considering that Sophia and I slept in the morning and I woke up quite early.

As I started walking in the living room, I heard a faint footstep behind me. I turned around and saw it was my father.

"You've not slept, again," Papa said giving me a disappointed look.

"I know, Papa. we just didn't realize how quickly the time flew by," I said looking at the TV and not at him as I felt guilty.

"You've got bags under your eyes, honey, you should sleep for a while," Papa said in a concerning tone. I really didn't like how tense Papa gets when it comes to me. It made me feel childish and most of all guilty.

I was so engrossed in watching the show- my senses became alert when I smelled the goodness of food coming from the kitchen. Instantly, my stomach grumbled as I remember not having my breakfast.

Papa came back with two plates in his hand. I grinned as I saw my favourite pasta; chicken and cheese pasta with mashed potatoes on the side.

The food magically helped as I felt my eyelids getting droopy.

Papa saw my sleepy state as he shut the blinds to prevent the light from coming inside.

I felt him cover my body with a duvet as he kissed my forehead lightly before I felt myself going in my own little world.

▬▬▬▬♔︎▬▬▬▬ 

Chapter Eight!

Vote, comment & Share

-blackburnfire ❤️