♔︎|𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

“𝐈𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

“𝐈𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬.”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
«𝐂 𝐔 𝐑 𝐒 𝐄 𝐃»
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bellamy Rose

YESTERDAY WAS a long and tiring day since Sophia stayed the night over at my place. We were up all night talking about various things.

Time flies when you're with your best friend. We talked about our childhood where everything was so easy. Where our little shoulders were free from any sort of responsibilities. Where our innocent faces only had smiles all day long. Where we were taught only how to stay happy.

Growing up, I only realized that the blissful childhood we all had at a point was just a shield protecting our little selves from the horrid world. The monsters we were told to stay away from just seemed to be a myth for us back then but how could our little selves believe that they were, in fact, real and much uglier in person. I wish that every creature was cursed to stay in their childhood away from all the gruesome realities. If only that could ever happen.

''Mama hold me.'' Little Bellamy urged her mother to scoop her up in her arms where she could feel secure.

"My Belle." Her mother smiled with tears of joy in her eyes to see how her daughter was growing into such a beautiful girl. "If only I could be here with you, my sweet child," She said while wiping a tear that was exposed to her cheek.

"But Mommy, you are here," Little Bellamy came closer to her mother and wiped the second tear.

"I'll always love you, sweet and I am always with you," She said while slowing flying away like a dandelion.

My eyes shot open. I could feel the dried tears stained on my cheeks. I was so close to my mother; if only she was here.

Teens of my age are so lucky and blessed to have both of their parents by their sides. I yearn for just a glimpse of my mother, for her touch on my cheek. I yearn for a mother-daughter moment with her. I wish and wish and eternally wish to be with her and papa at the same time. I yearn for a family moment.

I stood up from my bed and went to my window to opened it. I felt a cold shiver all over my body. The wind was howling, the leaves from the trees were rustling. A storm was about to hit, one that could be destructive yet bring calmness in me.

Few people who were outside their homes were running for shelter. What was about to come? I held myself tightly. In the distance I could see the storm terrorizing the town up ahead, scaring young children.

I could even hear the light pitter-patter of the hail as it stormed down towards the ground. It was coming. The sky started to rumble loudly. I saw a flash of lightning up ahead. I was terrified from such loud storms since I was a child. I was scared what it would bring along with itself but today I felt nothing like that.