Chapter 28

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Shortly after my friends, well, I think they are, left a woman walked into my room.

"Sweetheart, your awake!" She smiled, hugging me.

"(Y/N), this is your mom." Dr. James told me.

"Um, hi." I wave shy.

"She actually d-doesn't remember me?" The woman began to tear up.

"I-I'm sorry I don't remember you," I apologized.

"Oh, honey, you don't have to be sorry." She said.

I didn't say anything else after that. I listened to what Dr. James told my mom, not that understood what much of it meant though..

"When can I bring her home?" She asked.

"We still have to perform some tests now that she's awake, but hopefully soon. Probably no more than two days." He informed.

"O-okay. Do you mind if I have a moment alone with her before I go?" She said.

"Not at all," he smiled and walked out the door.

My mom then grabbed my hand and caressed it in the palm of her's.

"Thank God you woke up. I don't know what I would've don't if I lost you," Tears streamed down her cheeks. I stayed at her feeling bad. What is wall of this is my fault? What if I was the reason this happened and I almost caused pain to so many people? People I don't even know I know.

"M-mom, I have a question. Those three girls and that boy, are they my friends?" I hesitate.

"Yes, well, the boy was more then just your friend." She said.

"Then What was he?" I say confused.

"He was your boyfriend," She replied.

"I don't get it, he's still a boy-friend?"

"Oh, honey, there are two kinds of boy friends. The first one is when you have a friend that's a guy, the second one, a boyfriend is the boy you date." She explained.

I still had absolutely no clue what she was talking about, but I pretended to go along with it.

"So, um, I one the girls told me it's my birthday tomorrow." I say as if it was more of a question.

"Yes, your gonna be 16. You've grown up so fast!" She continued to cry.
Does she always cry this much?

"I'm so sorry you have to spend it here though," My mom looked down at the floor.

"It's fine. It's not like I knew anyone to do something with tomorrow anyways," I shrug it off.

She then glanced back up at me and makes a weird face.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah. Who's that from?" He pointed to the little animal by my side.

"That boy, Dante I think his name was, gave it to me. He said it was a 'birthday present' or something?" I respond.

A soft smile creeps onto her face as she looks at the plush toy. "That was every sweet of him," She said.

"Yeah," I smiled as well.

"Alright, I should get going. I love you, (Y/N)." My mom planted her lips on my forehead and pulled away.

"Mom, What was that?"

She then stops in her tracks.

"That was a kiss," She smiled and shuts the door behind her, leaving me alone in this empty room.

Words w/out A/N: 545
_____________________

First off THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 4K READS MY MIND IS BLONE. Second off, sorry for the short chapter. Also, I way not be able to update much cuz my phone is suspended and I'm using my sisters phone Rn cuz she's at camp in NH and she doesn't know so🤫. But I'll try to update as much as I can while she's gone. Love you all🙃