Chapter 8

I had never felt so out of place in my life. And of course, it had to be during fucking lunch. I was no longer friends with Heather, Rylie, or Jackie and them, and I wasn't exactly on the best terms with Michael's friend group.... so I had nowhere to sit. And since Dante and Michael were at lunch detention, I couldn't even sit with Dante. But you know what, it's time I branch out a bit. I decided I'd give it a shot talking to less popular people. I'm one of those preps that are like "oH mY gOd BeCkY yOuR sElF-sAbOtAgInG bY sItTiNg WiTh ThEm," I just don't really talk to them cuz a lot of them seem to dislike me...But i'm gonna change that!

"Hey, is it cool if I sit here?" I smiled.

"why would you wanna sit with us?" One of them said rudely.

"Because I'm trying to make more friends and branch out a bit," I answered.

"Cause' your not popular anymore since Jackie dropped you." She took a bite of her apple.

"Say that again. I. Dare. You."

"Your only here because you have no friends anymore since your best friend hooked up with your boyfriend." She replied without hesitation. I know I shouldn't have done what I did next, but in the moment. it's what I thought had to be done. Or at least what my nerves and anger did...

There was a fresh bright red handprint on her right cheek. Before I knew it, I was being dragged by my hair across the cafe floor. Or at least until I grabbed her ankle and mad her trip. I took advantage of her being down on the floor and started swinging. A red substance began to drip from her nose. In like 5 second she flipped us over to she was on top, but then I wrapped my legs around her neck and squeezed them tight. She started coughing and her face turned red. Suddenly, I felt someone grab my arms and drag me away from the girl. They pulled me up so I was now standing. I didn't even notice until we were separated that a crowd of students were surrounding us. The girl punched and kicked as a teacher held her so she wouldn't charge at me. I was immediately brought to the principals office, she however, had to go to the nurse because of her bloody nose.

"Ms. (L/N)! I've already spoken to you today, and you get into a physical fight! This is absolutely outrageous! This violent and extremely inappropriate behavior shall not be tolerated!" Mrs. Hume slammed her fist onto her desk.

"I'm sor-"

"Sorry means nothing!" She yelled in rage.

"I know, I know! What I did was wrong, and was 2,000% out of hand, but she was being very rude and I don't know what came over me that I did what I did. I was just trying to be nice then she was making lots of offensive comments about my personal life. I wasn't just gonna stand there-"

"Well you should've! I agree that you may be upset that she said things that were not messed to be said, but gives you know reason to make physical contact with her!"

"Yes, Mrs. Hume." I said some-what quietly.

"I would and should expel you, but i'm not going to. Instead, you'll have 5 ISS and 2 OSS." The principal informed.

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Now go straight to detention for the rest of lunch, I have to speak with Alissa." Mrs. Hume said. I got up from my seat and exited her office. I guess Alissa was still at the nurse cuz she wasn't in the main office and they wouldn't have just let her leave.

Oh shit.... I have to sit in a dead silent room for the next 25 minutes with those Dante and Michael! I rolled my eyes. This should be fun.