Chapter 27

Three days had gone bye since (Y/N) was sent to the hospital. She was constantly in my mind. Her mother hadn't heard about any progress from the doctors neither, she was still asleep. But today Erika, Emily, Julia, and I were gonna visit her after school.

Of course, Julia refused to let me go, but (Y/N)'s invited me and said I should so JuLiA doesn't have a say.

"Dante, your not coming! Why should someone who caused her pain be able to see her?!" Julia argued.

"Julia, I didn't cheat on (Y/N)! Give the kissing this a rest!" I said becoming frustrated. "Plus, tomorrows my-I mean, her birthday and even if she's in a coma, I'm gonna give her a present."

"Like what?" She snarled.

"Julia, stop instigating the boy. He didn't kiss Jessica, and (Y/N) did break up with him, remember?" Erika butt in.

"Whatever," Julia rolled her eyes.

"Don't worry, she's always been like this." Emily whispered so only I could hear. It made me chuckle a bit.

(Y/N)'s mom picked us up and drove us to the hospital afterwards. I already had my present in my bag so I was fine.

But I wasn't fine when I saw her. All funds of things were strapped to her body. Her head was wrapped in white bandages. Well, it was mainly white, except for the back of her head... She also had one of those feeding tubes going through her nose.

"Alright, I'm gonna go run some errands i'll be beck in about an hour to bring you guys home, okay?" (Y/N)'s mom told us. We nodded and she left.

"I can't believe this all had to happen the Sunday before her birthday." Erika sighed.

"My nei-"

""G-guys, I think she's waking up!" Julia caught our attention. The four of us whipped our heads in her direction. She winced in pain as she placed her hand on her head.

"Omg your really awake!" Emily jumped up from the chair. She went in for a hug, but what (Y/N) said next made her stop in her tracks.

"Um..who exactly are you?" Emily's smile immediately disappeared and her arms dropped to her sides.

"What am I doing here? Who are you people?" (Y/N) asked looking at all of us as if we had 3 heads each.

"Haha, that's a funny joke." Erika laughed sarcastically.

"What joke?" (Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows.

"Oh shit..." Julia's eyes went wide.

"Dante, stay here with (Y/N) while we go find a doctor." Said Emily. Erika and Julia got up and followed her out the door.

"So, uh...how you feeling?" I asked, sitting at the edge of the bed. Her cheeks tinted a light pink color and she just stared at me.

"Um, helloo?" I said awkwardly.

"Oh-uh-h-hi." She stuttered.

"(Y/N), are you okay?"

"Is that my name? It's really pretty." She smiled.

This is worse than I thought...

"Yeah, it really is." I agreed, making her blush harder this time. "I'm Dante by the way."

She kept quiet again, eyeing me up and down.

"Like what you see?" I smirked. She quickly averted her eyes and looked down at her fingers.

She then said something else, but I couldn't hear it.

"What?" I question. She then mumbles it a bit louder, but still not enough to hear.

"Say that again, I can't hear y-"

"You have nice eyes." She cut me off, still avoiding my gaze.

"Oh, thank you." I smiled.

There was another moment of awkward silence before she broke it.

"So, Dante, why exactly am I here?" She asked timidly.

"Well, I'm not totally sure to be honest. A few days ago, you must've fainted or something and you hit the back of your head really hard when you hell." Explained.

"That explains the excruciating pain my skull in in right now," She chuckled. "And one more thing."

"Yeah?" I replied.

"What do you mean to me?" She cocked her head to the side a bit.

"Oh, well..um-"

"We're back." I look behind me and see the three girls come in with a doctor.

"Hello, Ms. (Y/L/N), how are feeling?" He asked, pen and clipboard ready in hand.

"I'm fine, the back of my head just hurts really bad." She answer.

"Oh yes, you got staples earlier today." He said calmly.

"THERES STAPLES IN MY FRIGGIN HEAD?" She tried to get up, but then gaged when the feeding tube tugged on her throat.

"Woah, carful," He rushed over to her, helping her back onto the bed.

"What even is that?" She pointed to the pole and small bag hanging from it.

"Food." He answered.

"Wha- this is wack." Scoffed.

"Listen, all you have to do it take it easy for about two more days, and your free." He told her.

"But, Dr. James, (Y/N)'s birthday is tomorrow and we were gonna throw her a party!" Erika complained.

"Tomorrow's my birthday?!" She said excited. "Wait, what's a birthday..?"

We all laughed at her comment except for her.

"It's when you celebrate being born," Julia told her.

"Oh, ok." (Y/N) thought for a minute but didn't say anything.

"Yeah, I'm sorry that you cannot spend your birthday out of the hospital, but we still need to perform many tests before we're able to let her go." Dr. James informed.

"What kind of tests?" I asked.

"Just to see if we jog her memory and those kind of things. Walking, eating, writing, just everyday things." He explained.

"Alright, I think you all should go now, (Y/N) needs to rest." He said.

We obey his orders and hugged (Y/N) goodbye before leaving.

Word count: 965