Chapter 9

I walked into the detention room and you could here a pin drop. The middle-aged woman at her desk gave me a strange look.

"Are you (Y/N)?" she asked. Dante and Michael instantly spun around in their chairs. Not gonna lie, confused expressions made them look constipated...

"Yes," I replied.

"go sit over there," She pointed to an empty table in the back of the classroom.

I made my way over to the table i had to myself. I glanced up after sitting down and noticed Dante starring at me.

"How the hell did you get here?" he mouthed.

"Started a fist fight," I mouthed back. His eyes widened.

"You started it for real?"

"Ye-"

"Hey! No talking, even if it's whispering or mouthing to each other!" The teacher yelled.

"Sorry...." we both apologize.

"SHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

uuuuuhhhhhh.....

***

"So, how did you get a lunch detention?" Michael caught up to me in the hall after those excruciating 20 minutes passed.

"I started a fist fight."

"You? You started a fist fight?" He chuckled.

"Yes, you dingbat," I rolled my eyes.

"I find that hard to believe, your just too scrawny." He continued to laugh.

"Fine. When you see Alissa with a bandage on her nose and her black eye, then you'll believe it." I said, grabbing on of my binders from my locker.

"Wait, what?-"

"I probably broke her nose to be honest." I admitted. "Anyways, gotta blast!" I fake smiled at him and ran to my next class.

Everybody's eyes were on me as I ran in the hall. Not in a like, 'why tf is she running' way. like in a scared(?) type of way. But I brushed it off and sat my desk once I got to 7th period.

I was the first one in the room, not even the drama teacher, Mrs. Evens, was here. i sat on the floor with my legs crossed. There weren't any chairs, Mrs. Evens likes to do group activities which often require us to sit on the floor anyways. I pulled out my sketch pad from my bag and started drawing. Drawing relaxes me, I don't really know why, but it just does. Before my dad left when I was 7, he would bring me to a nearby beach at sunset and teach me how to draw anything you could imagine. 7 year old me preferred to sketch pretty crappy sunflowers though...

I tried not to think about my dad too much, because I knew he probably wasn't doing the same. Like, I just can't tell if I hate him or still miss him. The way he left and the fact that he never tired to contact me is the main reason I hate him, but like, he's my dad, I can't just stop loving him. And all the memories we have together overpower that. But he's also missed some of the biggest milestones in my life... My 5th and 8th grade graduation, when I won the talent show in in 3rd grade dancing and singing to 'Who let the dogs out" (winning was the milestone, not sure how i did tho-), my quinceañera last year. A quinceañera is like the MOST important milestone of a latina girls life and he missed it....

I mean like, yeah, my moms been both a mother and father to me since my actual one left, but it's just not the same.

"(Y/N)?" An all too familiar coise snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Can I ever escape you?" I sighed. I swear it's like the universe hates me and won't give me a BREAK.

"Guess not," He nervously laughed. yay.

"Alright class," Mrs. Evens grabbed our attention. "Today I'm going to assign you with a partner, give you a short script, and you'll act it out at the end for a grade."

She began reading off a list of names with students she partnered together. "Emily and Heather, Jack and Lauren, Billy and Olivia," you get it.

Pretty much everyone had been called except for me, Dante, and two other girls.

"Dante?" Mrs. Evens called. "I don't think we've met?"

"Yeah, I'm new here," He chuckled, holding out his arm to shake her hand.

She shook his hand and said, "Since your new, I'll put you with my best student!" Then pointed to me....

FUCK YOU, UNIVERSE!

I internally face palmed. You've GOT to be shitting me.

"We'll see about that," He glanced over at me and smirked.

UUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

"There's nothing to see," I said, making my way towards him.

"You sure? Your talking to someone that's in a netflix show," He cuntinued to smirk as he stepped closer.

"Yeah, but I'm just that much better," I crossed my arms.

"Oh really? Prove it."

"Bring. It. On."