Chapter 11

Dante's P.O.V

I knocked on the door and hoped at least her mother would answer.

"Hello, Dante." Her eyes were red and she looked like she had been crying.

"Hi, Ms. (L/N). Is (Y/N) here? I have to apologize for something I said that upset her earlier.." I avoided eye contact.

"Sorry, not right now, dear. she's had a rough day and is asleep. But if you have anything you want to give her, I can save it for when she wakes up if you want?" Ms. (L/N) said.

"Oh, in that case," I said as I took off my backpack and pulled out a plastic container from inside, "Can you give these cookies to her? They were supposed to be like, part of my apology, but here."

"Thank you, dear. have a good rest of your say." she smiled, grabbing the container with the sweet treats inside.

"You too," I said before she shut the door.

***

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" My mom said in a worried tone.

"Nothing," I replied, walking into the kitchen.

"Doesn't sound like nothing..." She mumbled. But I could still hear it.

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed juice out of the fridge and made my way upstairs to my room.

Why? Why is it so hard to get her to like me? This has never happened. Normally, Girls are all over me. Like, her not being interested in me at ALL is really messing with me. And I think i'm catching feelings...hard. If she fell for me, I wouldn't break her heart, I'm not that kind of guy. I never have, it's always mine, believe it or not, that gets shattered. But (Y/N), she's different. She's like the only girl that's ever given me butterflies, or made me blush, And that time she kissed me, I really felt a spark. I mean, who knows? Maybe that kiss means she does like me, but she's not really in a good place or mood because of Michael. But on friday at the football game, I'm gonna tell her how I feel. If she says no, I'll move on....I hope.

I just have to get my mind off her, and give her some space. I can tell she's started to get annoyed that we have like, all of our classes together. Tomorrow at school, I'll just try to leave her alone. That way, if Michael still annoys her, she'll like me more cuz I gave her space. Nah, that's stupid.

I heard a dinging noise and looked down at my phone.

Riley: R u going to the homecoming dance next friday????

Me: Idk man. I didn't even know there was a dance next week.

Riley: U should totally come! Our homecomings are hella lit! And who knows, maybe you'll find a girl you like🤪😏

But I already found a girl. But she probably won't wanna dance with me..

Me: I'll think about it, dude. See u tomorrow.

Riley: 👋🏻

Riley's P.O.V

"Make sure he goes to the homecoming game and dance! He won't see what's coming for him..." Michael smirked.

"I got you, Bro."