22 ❥ Query

𝙛𝙡𝙞𝙥 𝙞𝙩 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙩𝙖𝙜, 𝙖𝙞𝙣'𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙥 𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙮

The weather had become significantly colder during this late hour. Still clad in her date night outfit, Lisa shivered slightly as she locked eyes with Jungkook. 

"So?" she questioned him. Her ex-lover's eyes were glazed as he stared back at her. 

"It's... been a while," Jungkook admitted. Lisa hummed in agreement. "Missed you," he spurted out, a shake audible in his voice. The girl was stunned, all movements stopping as she gazed at the dew drops that fell on the grass. "I— I know that it just makes me sound like a horrible person, but there is not a single day that passes when I don't think about you, Lalisa."

She let out a loud gasp. 

He paused before continuing. 

"These past years have been hell for me. I've gained so much from the world, but everything feels incomplete. Initially, I thought that maybe I wasn't happy enough, but deep down, I knew what I was missing. It was you," Jungkook turned to face Lisa. He shrugged into his oversized hoodie, tightly gripping onto the ring in his pocket. 

"I'm sorry. I am so fucking sorry that it happened the way it did. The truth is— I still love you."

She sucked in a breath, praying to god that the abrupt conflict in her mind would cease. Something about Jungkook saying it offered her closure. Was this her way of accepting him?

"I've not stopped loving you. And... I don't think I ever will. Call me obsessed, hell— call me toxic too— but it will never harm the position of you in my heart. When you... said that you and Hyung were an item, I— I felt myself break. I know I'm being selfish but," the boy sniffled back his tears, before slowly touching his knee to the ground. Breathing in, he sighed, before finally presenting the ring to Lisa. The object shone greedily on his fingertips, reflecting huge amounts of light. 

"Lalisa Manoban, will you marry me?"

-edited-
so invested in editing this story, it's not even funny.