26 ❥ Some Twist

𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙮𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙙𝙖𝙮, 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙜𝙤 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣 

Jet black hair resting loosely on her shoulders, the girl stirred the metal straw in her coffee

Jet black hair resting loosely on her shoulders, the girl stirred the metal straw in her coffee. The day outside was far too sunny and beautiful to be wasting it on a stupid meeting like this. 

"Are you even listening to me?" Jungkook sighed, tapping the hardwood table with his fingers. She looked up at him and frowned. "I've heard what I needed to hear." 

"So... you'll do it?" he asked, hope swirling in his eyes. His question was answered by a scoff. "I don't want to work for you Jungkook. I don't want anything to do with you." Holding the straw with her index finger, the girl slurped her coffee all in one go, before pushing her chair back and walking out the front door. 

Abruptly leaving money on the table, Jeon Jungkook ran behind her. As she was about to pop open her car door, he pinned her against it, panting in her ear. "Jungk—" she struggled under his grasp. "I'm paying you good money for this. Please say yes... Please," he begged. 

Something in his tone shifted the gears in her heart. She began to reminisce over the similar way he used to whine to her, smiling and goofing around like a small child. Closing her eyes, she felt the air flip her bangs away. "Fine," she murmured, making Jungkook smile. "Only because it's easy money."

She knew she was lying. 

©

"LOVE ME LOVE ME! SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME! FOOL ME, FOOL ME! OH, HOW YOU DO ME! KISS ME, KISS ME! SAY THAT YOU MISS ME! TELL ME WHAT I WANNA HEAR... TELL ME YOU LOVE ME!!"

Lisa's head felt like it was about to burst. Although she had been in the car for only 12 minutes, a mind-boggling headache had already seeped in through her cranium. Finally, the driver of the car shut off the radio and took his seatbelt off. "Alright, you guys wait here, I'll go pick up the order for Jaebom."

With this, Park Jinyoung turned up the air conditioner in the car, locked the doors, and left. He sure loved treating one grown man and woman like pets in a Tesla car. 

Bored, Lisa placed her chin in her palm and stared out the window to pass the time. Her eyes raked in all of the pretty scenery outside— The swaying greenery outside, the gentle sound of the wind, the busybodies inside the cafe, everything looked insanely beautiful. 

She took out her phone, wanting to click pictures of the serene scene. However, as she zoomed into the cafe, a very familiar figure stormed out the door, black hair flying madly in the wind. An audible gasp left Lisa's throat as she recognized the figure immediately. She was about to open the car door and approach her when Jungkook suddenly burst out of the same eatery, ran behind her, and pinned her body against the car door. 

The sight made a pang go off inside her heart. Her eyes brimmed with tears of an unknown emotion, which she quickly wiped away. How stupid can I be, Lisa thought to herself. Even after I call someone else mine, my heart still calls for him.  She refocused her attention on the scenario.

Jungkook gave the girl a small smile, before walking off somewhere while she got in her car and drove off. Lisa was so transfixed by them, she didn't even realize that Jinyoung had come out of the store with his food and had already unlocked the car doors. 

The feeling of Jackson smacking her hand with a half-eaten shortcake brought her back to the present. "What—" she gasped. "Sorry! Are you okay?" the boy spoke with a mouth full of food, flashing her a dirty smile. "First of all, ew. And secondly, yeah I am fine." 

Assured that she was fine, Jinyoung begin to drive again. But his gut wrenched when he saw Lalisa frowning in the backseat, twiddling with the charm on her phone case. He looked at her through the rearview mirror and asked her a question. 

"Lisa... are you sure you're fine?"
"Huh— Oh yeah, I'm okay. Just tired."

Gulping down the remaining of his shortcake, Jackson piped up and added to the conversation. "Tired? Of what?" 

"You and Jinyoung Oppa singing Justin Beiber all day Jackson, that's what I'm tired of. I just want to go home," she let out an exaggerated whine. The boys in the car began to laugh, snorting at her behavior. She simply smiled and stared out the window, waiting to get home after the trauma she had just received. 

They dropped her off after a few minutes of casual conversation. She waved them both goodbye and unlocked her main door. The lights in the main hallway were turned off, which she turned on. However, the Youngest member of the girl group nearly got a heart attack as she saw her members sitting on the couch with grim looks on their faces. 

"JESUS— WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?"
"Sit," Jennie spoke to her in the most authoritative tone possible. 

Lisa sat her ass down in front of her Unnies, who sat in a line next to each other. "We need to talk," Chaeyoung sighed. Nodding her head, the maknae silently urged her to speak further. 

"Why haven't you talked to Jungkook yet? It's been two whole days."

The youngest sighed. She knew that her personal feud with the boy was ruining a lot of things for the company, but she just couldn't bring herself to talk to him anymore. Even though she wanted to work things out, she felt uncertain after witnessing what had happened today. 

"I would have spoken to him this afternoon, but I don't think he needs my help anymore. He's too busy having fun with his ex."

After dropping the bomb, Lalisa Manoban stood up and left the room. 

A look of confusion was passed around the whole room, as Jisoo picked up her cellphone from the table and dialed SeokJin's number. Although she wanted to talk to Namjoon, because he was the most sane out of all of those hooligans, she knew he was busy working out. 

"Hello?" he picked up after two rings before a burping sound emerged from the speaker. Grimacing, Jisoo scoffed. "You bitches never told us about Jungkook getting back with his ex. What kind of half-assed plan did you come up with?"

Jin choked on whatever he was drinking, surprised at the sudden information. Was that the reason Jungkook had been gone the whole morning? The line rang silent before he spoke up again, and begin to cough. 

"Oh man, holy shit."

-edited-