12. Torture

"Get Up," I hiss at him, kicking him in the stomach again. He lets out a pained groan which fuels my anger.

I bend down and tangle my hands in his hair, dragging him up, pushing him against the wall.

"You really like making my life hell, don't you," I ask in a low voice, looking him dead in the eyes. He stares back at me like a deer caught in the headlights. I smirk at his scared expression.

I hit him in the stomach one last time, sending him tumbling to the ground once more. I begin kicking him, anger welling inside me.

"You. Ruined. My. Life."

I kick his ribs as hard as I can one last time. I breathe in deeply staring down at the small boy. He looks up at me with pleading eyes, blood coming out of his mouth.

He quickly looks away in fear of reviving more punishment. I bend down and grab his hair, forcing him to look up at me.

"You're a good person Renjun. You just got caught doing a bad thing and bad things cannot go unpunished."

I grab his arm, twisting it, never breaking eye contact. He yells out in pain. I hear the satisfying crack as tears cascade down the older's cheeks. I let go of him and stand up, exiting the cell.

I can feel his eyes on me, watching me. I turn back around to look at him.

"Why?"

"Because you took everything from me."