Chapter 7

Uriah's POV:

      I'm a mess, the love spell wore off, leaving my head spinning. I know I love them, I always have, but I don't know what to do with myself.

"It's torture being in love" my mothers words keep playing in my head and I feel trapped. She pops up in my dreams, constantly reminding me of my horrible childhood, I had it bad, but Carlos had it worse. Thinking back to our past, I realize I don't want the innocent baby in the crib to live a similar life to either of ours. Neglected...

Flashback

"Uriah! Didn't I tell you to mop the floors?" my mothers voice booms out, scaring me out of the staring contest I was having with the little white haired boy.

"Carlos! Get back here ingrate" a crazy haired lady screamed, causing me to giggle.

"Uriah, stay away from that boy, hes too good, AND his two bit mother."

Were both pulled away by our mothers, in opposite directions, and I turn to see him looking back at me.

'Sorry' I read his lips as his mother drags him, yelling about his punishment and a closet.

We snuck away often since then, soon becoming friends, and he introduced me to Mal, Evie, and Jay.

We became the most evil kids on the Isle, with my younger sister Uma and her little pirate crew being a near second.

"Los! Don't let me fall!" I scream, looking at the window Jay and Carlos jumped through previously. I start running down the hall towards the open window.

"I swear you won't Riah, Jay and I are right here." a 14 year old Carlos yells, just as I jump through, doing a series of flips on the way down.

A scream escapes my lips as I feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

I land on a stack of rice bags, causing Los and Jay to start clapping for me. I start bowing jokingly, before Jay's facial expression changes, and he pulls me behind him.

"Carlos! what did I tell you about that GIRL? You ungreatful piece of SHIT!" Cruella's voice pierces the air, as everyone surrounding us comes to a standstill.

"Mom, I'm sorry, I can explain" Carlos starts pleading to his mother for forgiveness, but she doesn't even consider it.

Before Jay or I could do anything, Cruella's whip was across Carlos' body, most likely leaving a nasty mark.

"Damnit, R go hide, now." Jay looks at me, his eyes filled with concern.

"Seriously, go hide, your mothers probably on her way, go to the hideout." he nudges me in the direction of our secret apartment.

As I start speed walking towards the apartment, I hear his screams, and the sounds of her whip occasionally hitting the ground. I wince, and turn to see Jay trying to get Cruella off a badly beaten Carlos.

Carlos locks eyes with me, and I barely make out 'hide' from his bloody mouth. I nod, and start running towards the hideout.

"Well lookie here" a young Harry Hook says, pointing his oversized hook at me.

"I think Ursula's gonna have some fun with this." he says, dragging me towards my mother, but I'm too small to fight the strong 13 year old.

That day, Cruella broke Carlos' arm, and my mother had Uma break three of my ribs.

I tried my hardest to stay away from Carlos, fearing Cruella's wrath, but he always came running back searching for me.