Chapter 33

Amarie:

6 months later

“You only got a few more days and you’re out.” Chris said to me. We sat in the visiting room at a table with a police officer near the door watching our every move. Six long months and I felt I wasn’t the same. I was charged with drug possession. They found 10 pounds of marijuana in my apartment and I still had no idea who snitched on me. I was sure that it was Trey. Now misdemeanor was on my record. Hefa told me I lost my job at Lids, my apartment was gone and I had to move in with Chris as soon as I got out of here. I was back to beginning with nothing, left to depend on Chris. I was grateful that he was here for me but I didn’t like depending on others.

“Yeah I know ..” I said. I couldn’t look Chris in the face. I couldn’t look anyone in the face for that matter. I was disappointed in myself. Who wants to see their best friend or girlfriend in jail. And no matter how many times they said it was okay, they didn’t care, it didn’t make a different. I was disappointed in myself. I couldn’t even look myself in the mirror without wanting to die. Why did I live my life this way?

“You don’t seem so happy.” Chris said reaching for my hand.

“No touching.” The woman police officer spat. Chris tensed his jaw up and bit his bottom lip. We haven’t touched each other and six months. I even forgot how his hand felt against mines. I missed his touch so much. Of course I was excited to get out of here. I didn’t want to be in this orange jumpsuit. I was tired of fighting these bitches in here. I was tired of everyone going against me. 

“I am happy Chris, I just not happy being in here. I can’t wait to get the fuck out of here.” I said grilling the police officer. She gave me a dirty look back. I looked back at Chris. His eyes looked tired, heavy. “Are you okay though?” I asked him.

“I’m worried about you. Mel, Ty and I have been preparing for you to come back.” He said scratching the side of his face and doing that thing that he always does with his face. Squinting with his lip up, it was adorable. I smiled at him.

“You’re so adorable.” He licked his lips. He leaned in closer to me and I leaned in a little closer. I looked at the officer at the corner of her eye and she was grilling us. I grinned at Chris and he grinned back.

“I can’t wait till you come home. You know what’s going to happen right?” He said still grinning. I bit my lip.

“What?” I said seductively. He bit his bottom lip and released it slowly. Damn.

“Imma fuck the —-” He was interrupted.

“Visiting time over.” The police officer screamed. Me and Chris were still close together and both of our faces went dull.

“I’ll be back Friday to come and get you.” He said. I nodded. He gave me a quick kiss and got up quickly and left before the police officer could say anything about it. I just sat there smiling. I was so appreciative to the things that Chris was doing for me even though I didn’t show it. I needed to change that. I needed to show him that I was thankful and happy that he stood by my side no matter what.

---

It was my released date. I was so anxious to get out of here. I was just hoping that Chris would be here when all this paperwork was finished. I did my release paperwork, and they handed me the clothes that Mel had dropped off for me to wear. I haven’t been apart of normal civilization for a while so I was nervous but excited to get back into it. I was going to be on probation for 3 years. I would be lucky if it got cut in half.

I walked outside escorted by a police officer to see Chris, Mel and Tyga standing there waiting for me. Chris had a huge smile on his face, as well as Ty. Mel looked super anxious and excited to see me. I finally reached them and Chris was about to pull me in for a tight hug when Mel pushed him to the side and stole the hug instead. I laughed and hugged her tightly as a tear rolled down my cheek. She held me tight for a long time.