Chapter 52

Amarie:

“He still ain’t over that fucking smeeze.” I said to Mel and Carlos as we stopped at a red light.

“Maybe you’re just overreacting Mari.” Mel said rubbing her belly.

“Yeah girl, maybe you are. You know Chris loves you, so why you tripping for?” Carlos said. I just looked out the window. They don’t understand, no one will understand but me. If they saw how jealous Chris got when he saw Sean and Tina together, how he always talked about it and how he’s been more distant from me. I could honestly feel us drifting apart and I felt hopeless. I didn’t know what to do. Things haven’t been the same the past week, and I was feeling like shit and everyone was vibing it. Ever since he threw that past shit up in my face, I haven’t really spoken to him and he seemed not to care. He didn’t say sorry either, probably because he meant it. Of course he meant it and I could see him changing right before my eyes. I was being completely misunderstood as well. No one would understand what Chris and I were going through – but me and Chris. Shit I didn’t completely understand. All I knew was that something was up.

 “Listen Mari, you are over thinking this whole thing.” Mel said closing her eyes leaning back into the seat. I just turned the music up full blast and drove past the red light that was taking too long to turn green. I drove fast to the hospital, I was over it. I just wanted everything back to how it was, when Chris wasn’t acting so shady. I wanted it all back. All back to normal. When I felt Chris actually loved me. Now I was having doubts and it was honestly the worst feeling in the world. It was even worst with my best friends brushing it off. I just wouldn’t bring it up again and try to fix it on my own. Misunderstood Mari as usual.

We pulled up to the hospital and walked into the building. Mel was finding out the sex of the baby today.  Tyga and Chris couldn’t make it so Carlos and I decided to go with her, even though we were going regardless. I really wanted her to have a boy, having a nephew would be nice. I could teach him how to be tough just like his auntie. How to build a tough exterior at least.

“I hope it’s a girl.” Mel said sitting on the hospital table waiting for the doctor to come in. I gave her that look. “Why do you want a boy so bad?” She asked laughing.

“Because, I like boys better.” I said texting away on my phone. I saw Mel shake her head in the corner of my eye. “You know I would do so well with a boy.” I said. She nodded.

“You would.” She said laying back.

 “Well I want a girl, so we can dress her up and shit.” Carlos said. Mel and I started laughing.

“I want a girl too but I’ll be happy with whatever.” Mel smiled rubbing her stomach. The door opened and the doctor walked into the room. She smiled at us. “Hey Doc.” Mel said.

“Hey Melanie. How is everything going sweetie?” The doctor said.

“Good, just ready to see what I’m having.” She said.

“Okay well let’s get this thing on the road.” The doctor said and proceeded.

---

“I can’t believe I’m having a boy.” Mel said excitedly plopping down on the living room couch.

“I swear you wanted a girl like a few hours ago.” Carlos said chucking plopping right beside her.

“I don’t care, still my baby.” Mel said glowing. She was really happy and of course I was super happy for her. I couldn’t wait until my nephew was born. It was getting closer to mid-October so she was 4 and half months into her pregnancy. I was going to teach my nephew everything. I knew he had his father and Chris but I knew he could learn some things from me. I was going to spoil him, I just couldn’t wait. “So Mari what are you and Chris doing for your anniversary … since it’s next week and all.” Mel said knocking me out of my thoughts.