Chapter 9

Amarie:

I was rolling up with Mel on the couch watching me in wonder. She is acting like this process was so magical. Like she never seen me do this shit before. I crushed up my kush, opened my vanilla cigarillo, cut the guts out, put the kush in and rolled up. 

“Who taught you how to roll?” Mel asked out of no where. I continued to licked the blunt closed while I just stared at her with a blank expression.

“I taught myself basically.” I said while finishing up rolling the blunt. I lit the blunt and tested it out. The pull was perfect. I smiled and inhaled some more. “But Stone taught me a lot of things. How to roll perfectly and how to smoke …. I guess.” Taking in another inhale and than passing the blunt to her. She just looked at it. 

“Why you passing it to me. You know I don’t smoke. Pretty bitches don’t smoke.” She said and rolled her eyes. I looked at her like I was stupid.

“Oh? Bad bitches do though.” I took another inhale and she just gave me a disgusted look.

“Let me try it.” She suddenly said. I started coughing and laughing. Now this bitch wants to try it. Out of all the years I knew her. I passed it to her. “How do I smoke it….?” She asked. I finally managed to stop coughing.

“Inhale for like 5 seconds, exhale.” I said looking at her nervously. She lifted the blunt to her mouth slowly and did what I told her. She was inhaling for a little too long. “EXHALE MEL, EXHALE.” I screamed laughing. I started laughing uncontrollably, while she was coughing uncontrollably. “I told yo ass 5 seconds, you a rookie.” I laughed. I grabbed my blunt out her hand.

“Give me my shit back bitch, you stupid.” I said taking another hit of my blunt. She was still coughing and I just shook my head.

“I …. wanna …. keep … going …” She said in-between coughs. Was she serious? I passed her the blunt after her coughs died down. She hit the blunt properly this time, not coughing at all. 

“You will learn with time.” I said to her as she passed me the blunt back. She smiled. We passed the blunt back and forth watching re-runs of Teen Mom just laughing at Farrah crying. 

“Yo, she makes some ugly ass faces when she cries.” Mel said looking at me. Her eyes were blood shot red. I busted out laughing. She continued laughing right along with me. We couldn’t stop. Suddenly Chris, Tyga, and Mijo came through the door. Mel and I were both on the floor still crying tears, laughing. I crawled towards her laughing and she laughed even harder. I don’t know, when Mel laughs it makes me laugh and when I laugh she laughs. So it was hard to stop.

Chris, Tyga, and Mijo just stood there looking at us like we were crazy. I looked up at them still crying from laugher and Mel did as well.

“Is Mel high?” They all asked un unison. We started laughing even more. Tyga quickly went over to Mel and looked her in the face, looked over at Chris and Mijo and shook his head. Mel and I finally managed to stop laughing once we saw Hennessey behind the boys. She gave me a dirty look and went straight into the kitchen looking for something to eat. I got up.

“Make yourself at home Hen, go ahead ..” I said to her walking over to Chris. 

“This ain’t your fucking house as far as I’m concerned, you just need somewhere to stay.” She said opening up a box of cereal. I was about to give Chris a kiss when I suddenly turned around and started walking towards her.

“Bitch did you pay for the cereal or any of the food in this house. Yeah I might be living here for free but I pay for my own food, clothes, and---" She cut me off.