"Open the damn door!"

I yanked open the door.

"Or what?" I yelled. "What are you gonna do?"

"Why you always gotta do shit like that?" Oscar made his way inside and closed the door behind him. "You always get mad over petty shit."

"Petty shit?" I scoffed. "You know what?" I got in his face. "Fuck you!" As soon as I said that he gripped my arm that was pointing at him.

"You need to fucking calm down. I already told your ass," he threatened.

"Go to hell." I got out of his grip and walked out of the bathroom.

I walked out only to Cesar and a bunch of yelling.

"I'll be at your house," I muttered as I walked by Cesar not wanting to deal with anymore shit.

I knew we still had business to do so I made my way over to Oscar's and waited for them outside.

I was just going to get this over with without even talking to him.

-

"And that's it," I nodded at Mr. Turner as he showed me the way around the kitchen. "Are you okay, Rose?"

"I'm fine, Mr. Turner." I plastered a smile on my face. "Thanks for hiring me."

"Enough with the thank you's, Rose." He smiled. "Now come on, you're going to start at the window today." I really didn't want to deal with people today. But I didn't want to let Jamal's dad down. "Look you got your first customer," he gave my shoulders a slight squeeze before leaving me alone at the window.

"Hi, welco... you've gotta be kidding me." I looked up and found the last person I was expecting to see standing there. "What do you want?" I asked.

"Is that how you treat a paying customer that wants food?" I looked back at Mr. Turner who was too busy making food.

"What can I get you?" I did the most fakest smile in the world.

"I'll have the number three."

"Okay," I punched the order into the cash register. "So that'll be two ribs with a side of mashed potatoes and mac n' cheese. Anything else?"

"And a coke."

"That'll be $13.50," he handed me a twenty.

"Here's your change," I said handing him the $6.50.

"So when do you get off," he smirked.

"I'm sorry sir, but I have other people waiting for me to take their order." I said walking away and pinning the order above the stove top.

"He giving you a hard time sweetheart?" Mr. Turner asked.

"Nah," I shook my head and went back to take orders at the window.

It was 4'o clock, meaning it was time for my lunch break. I grabbed a water from the fridge and went to go sit in one of the booths. I closed my eyes and leaned back in the booth. I was so tired.

"So what time do you get off," I opened my eyes and immediately regretted it.

"What could you possibly want, Oscar?" I had enough of his crap.

Has he just been here waiting for me?

"Just wanted to know what time you'll be out so I can take you home."

"I drove here." I stated, closing my eyes in hopes that he would just go away.

It's been three days now and I've been avoiding him at all costs. And let me tell you, it's not easy. I mean he lives down the street and he is the gang leader after all.

"We need to talk."

"No we don't." I gritted through my teeth.

"I'm going back to work." I got up and went back to the kitchen.

So much for a peaceful lunch break.

—-

A/N: Do you think Rosario is overreacting?

Comment. Vote.

Thanks for reading.